Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Help need info on more speed for kawasaki 300x

Bought a new kawasaki ultra 2012 300x 2 weeks ago got 8hrs on it but I'm dissapointed on te speed. It only goes 72mph max. I'm dissapointed because only reason I bought it was because I was tired of loosing races with my 2003 bombardier. But now that I got the kawasaki I'm still loosing.... Soo disappointing I would apreciate some tips from serious ppl that know there stuff. No trolling plz. Much appreciated.

Banned User
    +1
    You should of done your research first. You don't buy a 300 for top speed you buy it for its rough water ability. You should of bought a rxpx or Yamaha if you want to be the fastest on flat water. If you don't care about money warranty or reliability then you can make the ultra do 80+

We'll I usually race in the beach so it is chopy water. I did tht much of my research. And about money spending it varies on how much. I just wana know what things I can do to it so that I can do it. Looking for expert advise.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by andry001 View Post
    We'll I usually race in the beach so it is chopy water. I did tht much of my research. And about money spending it varies on how much. I just wana know what things I can do to it so that I can do it. Looking for expert advise.
    tell us what skies are beating u in the rough as if this is true , then you need to ride better , because they ARE the BEST inthe rough hands down , what mods do u have , ?

All I have done to it is bypassed the governor. Haven't really done any mods. I've looked Into riva race kit 1 but basically is bypassing governor also. Idk what else I can do to it. I've researched and haven't found anything that's y I'm asking here.

+1
    what skies r beating u ,and in what size chop , GPS your ski
    because a 300x is only a 74-76 mph ski in the real world with out sacrificing any of it rough water ability

So be warned if you wanted more than u choose the wrong ski , and all the info here has been saying this since 2011

Waz

I'm getting beat by rxpx-as and 300x so I wanted to know what I can do to beat them hence i keep losing.... And I've read of 300x going 78-80's but mine won't go past 72.... So I mean what can I do to it?

+1
    anybody in the recreational riders world posting 80s if full of shit ( can be done , but not in your budget I would say )
    78 is possible but not cheap and safely

GPS dont lie

were are u located ?

Located near coconut grove, and we'll 78-80 would be enough for me but how? What has to be done?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by andry001 View Post
    I'm getting beat by rxpx-as and 300x so I wanted to know what I can do to beat them hence i keep losing.... And I've read of 300x going 78-80's but mine won't go past 72.... So I mean what can I do to it?
    I will give you the best tip on this forum. It is also the cheapest. Learn to ride the ski. You would be amazed at learning body position and weight distribution and the results you can get just from that. [I]f you are running on choppy water, you will see from all the results of EVERY offshore race since the 300 has come out it will win. Those skis pretty much have the SCOM, Lifter wedges and possibly steering and a seat cover. None of those give any more speed. If you are riding on flat calm water you will not get the speeds you are wanting to get. I will say you will only get to 75ish and stay pretty safe. Other than that if you want to blowsome money and really kick some ass, Raise your limit on the credit card to about 50,000 and we can help you have some fun.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information