Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1

    2012 300x solas 14/21

    i just bought a solas 14/21 pitch prop for my stock 8hour ski and the dealer said it would not fit back in were the pump goes can anyone help or has had this happen before or no what else i can do they are ordering another one to see if it will fit need some advice here


  2. #2
    brisyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Posts
    681
    +1
    59
    If he ordered the right prop for the 300, it should fit right in
    Quote Originally Posted by brj300x View Post
    i just bought a solas 14/21 pitch prop for my stock 8hour ski and the dealer said it would not fit back in were the pump goes can anyone help or has had this happen before or no what else i can do they are ordering another one to see if it will fit need some advice here

  3. #3
    he said it wont fit on the shaft like it was either to big or it was alot of force to put it on when it should go on smooth

  4. #4
    brisyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Posts
    681
    +1
    59
    it's the same prop for the 11,12,13, unless there is a defect in it or the wrong prop, there is only one 14/21 model KR-CD-14/21
    Quote Originally Posted by brj300x View Post
    he said it wont fit on the shaft like it was either to big or it was alot of force to put it on when it should go on smooth

  5. #5
    could be ill no soon he emailed china lol were solas is lol

  6. #6
    Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,932
    +1
    151
    Get him to measure the pitch too. I just measured one; one blade was close to a 13/19, the other roughly 14/20, the third blade I didn't check. It's all good for me as a slightly lower pitch gives more top speed.

    Just be aware, you can get a stock 14/21 that's more like a 15/23 and you could go slower than stock (if you have a really good stock prop).

  7. #7
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    LA/oc
    Posts
    3,911
    +1
    129
    Mal what are you using to measure pitch ?

  8. #8
    jimmy71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    672
    +1
    115
    Just had my new solas 14/21 built to my pump and so pissed off with solas. Their build quality IMO is getting worse. Ok all three blades are pitched differently (that's normal for a solas prop from my experience) but to have a brand new prop with extremely thin blades where you can bend them by hand? Might be time to start looking at others

  9. #9
    ULTRA3N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    338
    +1
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanytoys View Post
    Get him to measure the pitch too. I just measured one; one blade was close to a 13/19, the other roughly 14/20, the third blade I didn't check. It's all good for me as a slightly lower pitch gives more top speed.

    Just be aware, you can get a stock 14/21 that's more like a 15/23 and you could go slower than stock (if you have a really good stock prop).
    Because it lowers the revs is that why my rpms drop down in my holeshot? Ive noticed its different from when i look at videos when i has the stock prop then vdeos with the 14/21...

    Chad

  10. #10
    jimmy71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    672
    +1
    115
    Your new prop would be pitched slightly different to your OEM prop. You more that likely will find that you will drop 200rpm up top running the same speed, maybe a little more. Holeshot should be same if not better, depends on how well your prop fits in the pump.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Solas 14/21 Is this a good replacement prop for a stock 300x?
    By SD1976 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-25-2015, 11:06 PM
  2. Solas 14/21 impeller 300x
    By andry001 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-30-2013, 06:02 AM
  3. Solas 14/21 repitched to 14/22 ?
    By jetdave56 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-01-2012, 07:03 AM
  4. Solas 14/21 aluminum nosecone dissapeared!!!!!!
    By jeff007 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-23-2012, 02:07 PM
  5. Solas 14/21 for FZR
    By Johnjet in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-12-2009, 08:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •