Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

06 215 supercharged in a jet boat

hey guys,
    as i have mentioned before im building a couple small jet boats. so the next one will most likely have an 06 215 supercharged motor in it. have a few questions.

has anyone ever done a mod to have an external fuel pump?

also in regards to cooling do you ever run a filter/sandtrap or something on the fresh water inlet? i understand there is a mod to use a heat exchanger instead of the ride plate?

where can you find used parts for these engines? i can pick up the motor and pump for 5k but it seems i am missing guages and a fuel pump. and maybe other things? the motor was stripped from one of those twin engine boats that fell off its trailer. just want to try get some prices on the parts im missing before buying this thing.

thanks

+1
    you will need the complete wire harness from a pwc to get a gage to work
    any high psi fuel pump will work but the problem is you must use a surge tank
    if you use a single, like a 10gal tank the fuel sloshing around could let air into the fuel system
    which will cause some loss of fuel psi and engine damage
    most use heat exchangers made for a wood stove system
    feebay and the classified on this site has lots of parts
    the ecm also needs a special "key" (dess system) that is programed to work

so any high psi pump will work? why will i need a surge tank? does it not use a regulator with a return line?

whats the key? i know about the slow and fast key is that what you are talking about? is that something a dealer has to do or can it be sorted out yourself? can it be bypassed? in my boat i just want push button start no key.

+1
    what ecu do you plan on using
    yes you will need a fuel psi reg and return line from the fuel reg

+1
    You would be better off buying a rxp n stripping it! You can find a nice 04/06 for 4000 to 5000 all day long! Then you can sell what you dont use. Hull, cables, etc, etc. Good luck post some pics

cant find rxps that cheap in Alberta or i would for sure do that.... looking at 7-10 grand for an rxp. can buy them cheaper in the states but by the time you import its not worth it.

so if i have a fuel return line what is the surge tank for?

it has the ecm on the motor from the twin. im guessing both engines had one?

just trying to get a feel for this project. i can do my own research but i know some of you guys know off the back of your hand so help please?

+1
    as I said any air in the fuel line could cause engine damage
    a small deep tank does not let fuel slosh around like a bigger tank

ah i see now what you meant that makes sense. is that even in a four stroke? i thought it wasnt as critical in a fourstroke.
    so how do they overcome these problems in a stock setup? shouldnt be any different with an external fuel pump. as long as your pick up is at the bottom of the tank right?

and whats with the key?

+1
    Jamie, I too was going to go with a used ski and yank everything out. What your building is called a flea. I have plans for one. I have since gotten out of it. Good luck with your project. Hull design is gonna be very important no you dont walk on the sponsons. You`d be able to push over 100 mph with a stock unit. 99% of all fleas run a small hp outboard. This is way more power than that. Coolest thing is you could do a setback on the pump to the transom and install a ride plate.

+1
    http://muskokaseaflea.ca/StaticWeb2/ Youd have to search around but there was aguy who used a twin cylinder jetski "smoker" motor is a hydro. Dont remember the top speed but I know it clocked over 50. The ski wouldnt have come close to that with the same mill. These boats have no free board as your basically strapping a motor to a sheet of balsa wood glassed over. But I bet it would be a kick in the ass. I have some books and plans/drawings for a hydro I was going to do out of aluminum but later said phuc it. If you need the plans I can fax them to you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information