Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    miami
    Posts
    66

    Air mods help and question

    Air mods question.
    What is a great air mod that I can do to help my new 300x but that can also be removed and put back to factory incase something was to happen so that warenty won't void? With that being said I would also like to know the best type of air mods there is to do.


  2. #2
    Moderator #985 lasportsmn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Pierre Part, Louisiana
    Posts
    4,780
    +1
    358
    Air mods on an offshore ski are DANGEROUS.
    First of all depending how far you go you can allow your ski to sink or get salt water into your engine.

    All I would do is make sure all the vent hoses are clear of anything in the hull to allow the best air flow.
    The only thing I would recomend to you is you could add another vent tube opposite to the gas filler. MAKE SURE you install the thru hull plastic piece and the hose run to an open space to allow air flow.

  3. #3
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    LA/oc
    Posts
    3,911
    +1
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    Air mods on an offshore ski are DANGEROUS.
    First of all depending how far you go you can allow your ski to sink or get salt water into your engine.

    All I would do is make sure all the vent hoses are clear of anything in the hull to allow the best air flow.
    The only thing I would recomend to you is you could add another vent tube opposite to the gas filler. MAKE SURE you install the thru hull plastic piece and the hose run to an open space to allow air flow.
    I agree and Good advice. Right side air mod is pretty safe as long as you use a tube and loop it to create air gap incase of a roll over. With out it it becomes one big water siphon.

  4. #4
    Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,932
    +1
    151
    Remove the "recall" plate behind the dash.
    Add a new tube to the right hand side
    Shorten or remove (if you are game) the rear tubes
    Adjust the rear seat so it sits up a bit more at the back
    Cut, or remove the front plastic bits at the front
    Add the R&D filter under the glovebox (although I've done this, I don't think it's worth it, or safe)
    Reroute the Bypass Valve tube to one of the holes at the back

    Any air mods should be done with a consideration to where and how you ride. The key to all this is to get as much cold air into the hull as possible.

  5. #5
    KawiMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Pierre Part, La
    Posts
    356
    +1
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanytoys View Post
    Remove the "recall" plate behind the dash.
    Add a new tube to the right hand side
    Shorten or remove (if you are game) the rear tubes
    Adjust the rear seat so it sits up a bit more at the back
    Cut, or remove the front plastic bits at the front
    Add the R&D filter under the glovebox (although I've done this, I don't think it's worth it, or safe)
    Reroute the Bypass Valve tube to one of the holes at the back

    Any air mods should be done with a consideration to where and how you ride. The key to all this is to get as much cold air into the hull as possible.
    I do not recommend the R&D flat filter under the glovebox if there's any chance you'll be riding in rough water. I tried it and was practicing running some buoys and sucked up water through the intake because of that filter.

  6. #6
    Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,932
    +1
    151
    Yep, I agree. That's the only change I'll probably reverse. I'm aware of it though, so I change my style if it gets really rough. I don't get a lot of water in the engine bay as a result.

    Cheers.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    miami
    Posts
    66
    Does any 1 have an immage of the stuff onto said? Like the "recall"? I'm new to this so I'm not really sure of the names of all the parts on the ski. I'm more of a picture learner.

  8. #8
    brisyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Posts
    681
    +1
    59
    This is my setup!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0488.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	299120Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0489.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	299121Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0492.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	101.9 KB 
ID:	299123Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0482.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	299124

    I replaced the restrictive oem 3" vent pipe and insert that is only 2 3/4" inside (wich you can see the difference in pics 2) by a custom made 4" insert and tube running on top of fuel tank. working on a back vent setup that would delete the hoses and will be safe for offshore ride, but not ready to post ay pics

    Quote Originally Posted by andry001 View Post
    Does any 1 have an immage of the stuff onto said? Like the "recall"? I'm new to this so I'm not really sure of the names of all the parts on the ski. I'm more of a picture learner.

  9. #9
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    that's bs ive used it since 2007 on all my skis and never had a problem, yes I get water in the hull but a wash it out after every ride my skis are like new inside, it all comes back to duty of care by the owner btw 90% of my riding is in open ocean surf breaks, with water constantly swamping the ski!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by KawiMike View Post
    I do not recommend the R&D flat filter under the glovebox if there's any chance you'll be riding in rough water. I tried it and was practicing running some buoys and sucked up water through the intake because of that filter.

  10. #10
    ULTRA3N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    338
    +1
    11
    Here's what the recall plate looks like and then what's behind it:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	299138
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	299139

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2009 ultra 260 lx mods help and questions!!!
    By jose305 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 05-05-2013, 03:25 AM
  2. results on mods, info and question?
    By vduzin12 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-05-2008, 11:34 AM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-01-2007, 11:20 PM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-11-2007, 08:26 AM
  5. Question on Intake Air Temp before and after Aftermarket IC
    By yellow4 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-01-2007, 12:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •