Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Help with new ski selection

I am looking to add a 2nd ski. I currently have a VXR that I am very pleased with. We are looking at a 2012 Kawasaki STX 15F. My question is for anyone that has rode both that could tell the differences between the two. I know the Kawasaki may be slower on the top end but from what I am reading it may cut a little better and with a few mods could keep up with the VXR. I would love to be able to demo one but have not had any luck finding a dealer that will. I was able to demo the VXR before purchasing but that was a Yamaha sponsored demo ride. Looking for something that is trouble free, good acceleration and sharp turning. Thanks

Both are great skis. What do you plan on using it for the most. Towing, Cruising,single riding or family, ocean or lakes,...etc

+1
    90% of the time riding single and in bayous and small lakes cutting up and jumping waves when we find them. I love the acceleration on the VXR, and hoping they are close. This is what I would like to know how the handling and acceleration compare. Would hate to spend this much money and be disappointed.

+1
    If it is the ski you had wrote to me about the price should be right. It will be a very fun ski for there and you can get the speed pretty close to the VXR. The STX is a very fun ski to take down to the coast.
    If you do not send me a PM with info about the 15F for sale.

+1
    I have friends with both skis. I rode both. Both rock the Yamaha looks like less a rental ski where I ride most use kawis for rentals. I can't recommend one over the other. If u can ride the kawi before u purchase

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by devils ride 250 View Post
    I have friends with both skis. I rode both. Both rock the Yamaha looks like less a rental ski where I ride most use kawis for rentals. I can't recommend one over the other. If u can ride the kawi before u purchase
    really? i've never seen a kawi at a rental place. around here every rental is a yamaha vx sport.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by devils ride 250 View Post
    Thanks I would really like to ride one before I get it. My biggest concern is it will feel like riding in my boat instead of a ski. I tested a used one (another brand) and that is what it felt like. This is what makes me hesitate about the kawasaki.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ's gpr View Post
    really? i've never seen a kawi at a rental place. around here every rental is a yamaha vx sport.
    The dealer on the water where I live rents only 12-15S here. They have 5-600 hrs on them all salt water use

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    The dealer on the water where I live rents only 12-15S here. They have 5-600 hrs on them all salt water use
    Can you send me a link to them? I am headed to LA in September and would love to rent a ski for a day.

Thanks

Banned User
    +1
    Dana point jet ski. It's 60 min south of LA. Without traffic

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information