Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

RXP vs. Ultra 250X today, also BROKE

Went riding with a 05 RXp with air intake today at Indian River (Titusville). My god, is it wet today, we got so beat up we end up going to Moss Park.

Ran from dead stop, and the Ultra 250X will pull RXP big time at the start. The RXP person estimated 3-4 length at the start then he passed me after a while. I had full tank of gas plus about 20 lbs of accessories and I weigh about 180 lbs. The RXP also have full tank of gas and I think he is a little heavier than me. Weight shouldn't be a factor.

We did dead stop 3 times, each time pull him hard at the start and he starts to catch up. I hit 64.6 mph on GPS, speedo 58. There is no doubt Ultra 250X is the king of acceleration.

After 3 runs, I feel my ski running weird, shakes at idle. I thought it is just my head. We run one more time, I jump ahead and about 30 mph my ski shut down.

I can't believe it, try to start, nope. Finally start and it dies 4-5 seconds later. He had to tow my ass back. I am taking it to the service center tomorrow or try. Skip, I am going to Kawasaki Orlando based on your recommendation.

+1
    That is NOT a good start! It is however nice to hear how quick they are!!
    Hopefully it's something minor like a TPS or crank sensor or something of the like.......

Take it to Orlando. Drop it off first thing in the morning 9 AM Corwin will be ready to write it up and Rob knows your coming and will start on it right away. Just got off the phone. Of coarse they asked if you bought it from them.

Regardless this is a favor that can not always be pulled off. Your ski will be cutting infront of others.
    Had I not made that call your ski would have waited in the line of service. They have a 2 weak backlog right now.

Hours...

Creativepuzzle.... How many hours were on your ski? Did you have it broke in yet?

I would like to know what the issue is with your ski to make it shut down. Please report back in case there is something that others need to check on their skis before going out riding.

Sorry to hear about it cutting out on you but also glad it does pull that hard out of the hole.

Curtis

I think he had right around 4 hours on it.

I was really suprised myself when he pulled out right away.

Skip, many thanks, I will be there 9 a.m. sharp. Again thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    Take it to Orlando. Drop it off first thing in the morning 9 AM Corwin will be ready to write it up and Rob knows your coming and will start on it right away. Just got off the phone. Of coarse they asked if you bought it from them.

Regardless this is a favor that can not always be pulled off. Your ski will be cutting infront of others.
    Had I not made that call your ski would have waited in the line of service. They have a 2 weak backlog right now.

yes 4, thanks to MikeB for pulling my ass back to shore. MikeB was complaining how bad his day is (wood stuck in his propeller, so he had to put it on trailer to remove it, stuck in traffic), then my ski broke an hr later. BTW, I was varying rpm per manual.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    I think he had right around 4 hours on it.

I was really suprised myself when he pulled out right away.

Quote Originally Posted by creativepuzzle View Post
    yes 4, thanks to MikeB for pulling my ass back to shore. MikeB was complaining how bad his day is (wood stuck in his propeller, so he had to put it on trailer to remove it, stuck in traffic), then my ski broke an hr later. BTW, I was varying rpm per manual.

Any time.

For the record, tourists can kiss my @ss. I got stuck in the toll road for 5 min, some lady from GA was trying to get to Disney.

Creative let us know what the problem is with the no start. I would like to know because I pulled one in last that did the same thing. I didn't know the guy so I have not heard from him.

Yours is running the same speed as mine. I think we have the only 2 ultras that only run 64mph. Everyone else seems to be hitting 68. Have a great weekend.

Roger
    Last edited by ph2ocraft; 02-23-2007 at 10:53 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information