93 Xp Cavitation issue at top end

I have a 93 XP and a 96 XP. The 93 was purchased last year, and from the start it has had a cavitation issue at top end. It feel like it is losing water almost. I checked the wear ring and it doesnt seem to have any significant wear on it, actually seems to have almost 0 wear. I was thinking of an improved intake grate but was unsure if this would help this issue. Was hoping someone else had this ski and has seen something similar?

My 96 has the same grate but no issues, but is also much heavier so it may be sitting in the water a little better.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jnizzle01 View Post
    I have a 93 XP and a 96 XP. The 93 was purchased last year, and from the start it has had a cavitation issue at top end. It feel like it is losing water almost. I checked the wear ring and it doesnt seem to have any significant wear on it, actually seems to have almost 0 wear. I was thinking of an improved intake grate but was unsure if this would help this issue. Was hoping someone else had this ski and has seen something similar?

My 96 has the same grate but no issues, but is also much heavier so it may be sitting in the water a little better.
    The 93 hull is a little different then the 96. A intake grate will keep it hooked up better, But might louse some top speed. My wife had a spx with no trim and I put this ride plate on and it help a little. But more with the porpoising. Its a leg banger too. I would get a intake grate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00018.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	299145  

Thanks for the input, Im going to let the feed run for a day or two before making the decision on what to do. I hope its the intake grate btw..

Thread Information