+1

01' RX DI Air Compressor Hose Keeps Bursting

Has anyone experienced this? A buddy of mine brought me his 01' RX DI and said it ran terrible. I knew why after finding the black plastic line coming from the air compressor going to the solenoid had a hole blew in it close to the compressor. I replaced it with clear poly-flo tubing (300 psi) which I thought would be good enough. It lasted a few weekends and now the same thing happend again. The hole is always about 1.5 inches away from the compressor. Right in the bend of the hose where it turns up toward the soleniod, both times.

It looks like it gets hot and starts to melt because the way the hose looks around the hole. Is there a regulator that may not be working properly? No warnings or any other symptoms like the engine could be running hot. I've worked on several of these seadoos with the same type fuel system but never seen this.

Any info will be greatly appreciated!

That particular hose is a very expensive hose. When you compress air, it gets hot. That is why you cannot use plastic hose as the heated compressed air will melt it. You need to use the OE hose or equivalent.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Dood View Post
    That particular hose is a very expensive hose. When you compress air, it gets hot. That is why you cannot use plastic hose as the heated compressed air will melt it. You need to use the OE hose or equivalent.
    +1 it is thick walled as well and very,very tough.

+1
    I would not skimp on the hose-- go oem -- $10 is a small price to pay for 1 meter-- you will have some extra too.

Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    I would not skimp on the hose-- go oem -- $10 is a small price to pay for 1 meter-- you will have some extra too.
    Jim, that hose is sold with the connectors on the end, list price is $367.99. Do you have a source for the hose itself?

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    ouch..that's a pricey hose and here I thought the electrical stuff was the high cost bits

some high pressure hydraulic system hose should be just dandy there..a good fabrication can swag get some ends on there for you also.

in a pinch some rubber brake line should do the trick.

that's a 100psi max line isn't it? continued burstage mean the regualtor is stuck

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Dood View Post
    Jim, that hose is sold with the connectors on the end, list price is $367.99. Do you have a source for the hose itself?
    How much do you want? I will sell it for $100 per meter for the 1st meter and $10 per meter after that That hose he is talking about is $10 per meter on line-- air pump to rave solenoid. There are no special connectors on it.

Has anyone experienced this? A buddy of mine brought me his 01' RX DI and said it ran terrible. I knew why after finding the black plastic line coming from the air compressor going to the solenoid had a hole blew in it close to the compressor. I replaced it with clear poly-flo tubing (300 psi) which I thought would be good enough. It lasted a few weekends and now the same thing happend again. The hole is always about 1.5 inches away from the compressor. Right in the bend of the hose where it turns up toward the soleniod, both times.

As mentioned, I would not skimp on this hose.

I have the exact same issue on my '02 RX DI, the air line from the compressor is blowing about 1.5". I took it into the shop and they replaced the line with what I would hope is a proper line but it blew again. Since the shop clearly didn't do any diagnosis to find the root cause, I'm going to debug it myself. After reading the shop manual, it looks like it would either be a malfunctioning solenoid, not allowing air through to the RAVE's or vent hose, or perhaps one of those hoses on the other side of the solenoid is blocked. I'm going to start debugging and I'll let you know what I find. FYI that OEM hose is listed around $10.

+1
    Also, check the proper operation of the check valve, at the "T" intersection before it connects into the solenoid.. just an idea.. could not be venting properly or something..

10. +1 by:

Thread Information