Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

R&D intercooler/cooling kit

Anyone running this kit? Looks like a lot of modifications to run 3 through hull fittings and new lines.

I recently added a 2013 Gen 3 clutch, C-3 wheel and JD intercooler. I wanted to do the cooling kit but before I install I am looking for info on this kit. I have already purchased it but hesitant to install until I see what others have done. Nothing like cutting holes in a new ski.

If anyone has installed can u tell me if its necessary to do the full kit? Or just a part of the kit? Meaning I want to run the dedicated IC line. But hate to tap my rectifier and run two additional as well.

Thanks

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Take it from me and use the Riva kit.......it's simpler and does not overcool the engine

+1
    Seems that I have read more about the Riva kit that's why I posted. Don't hear much about the R&D but it was a bit cheaper and thought it would be similar. I'm all for easier to install!!

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    I installed it.......Don't remove the thermostat and I only ran dedicated water line to intercooler, and ran the cooling line to Tee under exhaust pipe.....I also ran 2nd thermostat

+1
    If you already have it you might want to think about adding the thermostat option they sell for it. I had the same overcooling problem with their kit & was having GIO issues with it installed. It's been a couple years, but if I remember right the oil cooler line in their kit feeds off the visibility spout on the pump & is optional. I would leave that part out of the install to prevent overcooling the oil...also means one less hole to drill.

+1
    I thought about leaving that part out.

I run the Rd kit, left oil cooler part out. If you leave your thermostat in you should upgrade the hose that goes to the top of the exhaust manifold. Mine blew first ride out, leaving thermostat In Makes for some high pressures. Jd1 posted a full explanation of his cooling system in his build thread. I intend to set up that way while my engine I'd out. Also be careful with the exhaust restrictor Rd sends, I accidentally got some silicon. Over the hole water flows through and proceeded to melt two exhaust hoses off my waterbox. I Took that out, however the ski sounded good with less water in the exhaust (possibly none...)

Rivas sounds easier but wasn't available when I bought mine 3 years ago.

+1
    Thanks for the help! I definitely plan to run the dedicated like to IC. R&D runs two in and two out I think but my JD cooler on has 1 in 2 out, or 2 in and 1 out depending on setup. I don't want GIO problems and I was thinking I could use the VX splitter and by running the dedicated IC line I would be increasing water volume to IC and to engine with the splitter. I just don't want to drill any more holes than necessary. I want a simple setup and increase efficiency if thats possible.

+1
    Are you having overheating problems now? Just curious to when / if I need to upgrade cooling.

+1
    Seems like on a hot day 90++ and warm water temps the pisser burns your hand its so hot and I figured with my upgrades I would need it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information