Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: someone help me

someone help me

okay here we go i got my fingure on the button i walked into the dealership yesterday and reserved a 250x. i got the ski, trailer, and five year warranty, for 13 grand. didnt know much about the ski but in the last four hours i have read that the skis top end is 64mph, its a gas guzzler with 5 gal of fuel unuseable in the tank, rumored to plow, and the reverse lever is said to be a pain. the benifits of it being a heavey bike are fine usually plenty of chop where i live i can live with that. if they even come out with an aftermarket fuel tank it most likely will void warrenty.(yes/no)? will a aftermarket prop, rideplate, and wedge also void warrenty.(yes/no)? its a high cost for a ski and i cant find it on long island under 13g. they dont even have them in stock. i walked into the dealership he had on that just got in three days ago. the salesmen didnt know a thing about it. i reserved the kawi without knowing about it because my zxi went through 6 seasons and the spedo still says 60, we beat her pretty good,and the thing didnt break. for the 250x with the prop, rideplate, and wedge, bringin it up another 5mph its more than likely the gas milage will get worse. (yes/no) how do you feel about these points? do the pros out weight the cons

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Where'd you buy it?

Long Island Kawisaki or Mariner's Cove in the Hamptons??

I live on Long island too... where abouts are you?
    Last edited by Shibby1485; 02-24-2007 at 12:18 AM.

crazy freedy

i just was looking next thing i know i reserved the ski

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    oh noooo, crazy freddy

jk... i'm right down the block from crazy freddy... i work part time at a dealership with kawsaki, yamaha, and seadoo

Been around for years...seen it all Kawi-Guy's Avatar
    +1
    The reverse lever is not a pain at all, the poster of that comment was New to Kawasaki's and I think was used to the old SeaDoo Reverse set ups.
    A new gas tank is not needed, just a 1 inch extension on the fuel pickup line. Any auto parts store or good hardware store carries hose.
    Props and wedges would never Void the warranty, nor will ride plates.
    These are Bolt ons and can be replaced by the stock ones easily if you sell or trade the ski in later on.
    We need some reviews written by people that have actually ridden their ski more than 1 time. Let them get 10-20 hours on the ski, then write up their speed reports

thats a vote of confidence

kawi guy
    thankyou that helps, let me ask you though do you think this is a ski to buy if i dont plan on riping it apart and sinking alot of money on mods to it

13xracing - aka 427racing 13xracing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sal's adventures View Post
    i reserved the kawi without knowing about it because my zxi went through 6 seasons and the spedo still says 60, we beat her pretty good,and the thing didnt break. for the 250x with the prop, rideplate, and wedge, bringin it up another 5mph its more than likely the gas milage will get worse.
    I hope you don't truely think that ZXI was really hitting 60 Maybe low to mid 50's would be a better figure. You'll hear all sorts of stereotypes whether you buy a Kawi or Sea Doo. All I ever heard about the RXP was that it handled horrible in chop, lots of recalls, and seen first hand one delaminate.
    Ride it for a summer and if its not for you, well theres always ebay

Kinda like being at the strip club and seeing this hotty from far away. Ya wave her down with a 20 for a lappy. As she gets closer you see all the inperfections and wonder "Damn what was I thinking". So ya just ride it out for the next two songs.

As the night goes on and you get a closer look at the other dancer you realize, hey she was better then the rest of the stock to pick from....

Oh sorry, the moral of my story is ride her out. Every different unit has its different problems. Try and focas on the better aspect of the reports. Remeber she's buetiful on the inside.

And for the record, I love mine. Im having a blast with it.

cant argue with the fact that no one regrets buying this ski. its definatly a good thing

I hope you don't truely think that ZXI was really hitting 60 Maybe low to mid 50's

the actuall top end wasnt a factor for me. i know spedo's arent acurate. in 2000 i think we payed 7g for it even if it was a 53-55mph it still is a great ski.

true about ebay thanks for the facts on the rxp

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information