Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Need Help With wifes IPhone 4s. I ran over it. 1000 Pictures of kids and Im in troubl

Guys as stated I ran over my wifes Iphone 4s and it had 1000 pictures of the kids on it. I had the screen replaced , but they could not get it to power up. I have read that you can pull pictures off of it and it does not need to be powered up.
    Any advices or help would be awesome as I need it.

Also I need a new Iphone 4s for her if any of you guys sell them and can help... Please.

Also can the sims card just be swaped and the new phone work?

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    I'm guessing your screwed. I had a 4S for a very short time.... hated it! You have no expandable memory to store pictures on, and even when you plug the phone up via usb.... you can see the drive, but you can't do shit with it. Unless she pushed the pictures out to the cloud.... I don't think your gonna be able to retrieve them? The 4S doesn't have a sim card (on Verizon anyway).... as it's a 3G phone.

+1
    Have you brought it to Apple yet? They may be able to help.

+1
    Verizon's 4s does had a sim card its on the right side, and you can snag pics off it when hooked up to a computer. If it doesnt power on you may be screwed, icloud should have been turned on by default, but with a 1000 pics idk if they all would have transfered, i think you only get 4-5gb of cloud storage. If she got a new one have her sign in and it should auto populate everything that was on the old phone (depending on how much storage she used). Id take it to Apple and let them take a crack at it.

+1
    Man, you just have had a bad day.....Your stuff will be there by Wednesday...

+1
    Was iCloud backup not enabled? If it was, you should be able to restore the phone data to another phone with no issues.

+1
    Yea, its been a crap storm of a couple weeks.
    She did nto have cloud on.
    It has a sims card as I have it in my hand wright now. LOL.
    Have not gone to Apple yet, because I was told they dont have a way to help....

SHIT.
    Anyone have a 4s for sale.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Several possible ways out.

Was the iPhone regularly connected to a computer, and synced or backed up using iTunes?
    If yes, then a replacement iPhone can be restored using the backup, and the photos might be inside the backup and restored to the new iPhone.

Was her computer a Mac with iPhoto? If yes, then the photos might have been auto transferred using PhotoStream and already be on the computer.

PhotoStream always keeps the most recent 30 days of photos that have not yet been transferred. If the iPhone was configured to use PhotoStream then at least the last 30 days worth should be available, via the cloud Photostream.

Was the iPhone configured with iCloud? If yes, the phone may have been backed up to the cloud. If yes, the photos may be part of the online backup.

Call Apple (or have her call Apple, since they may want to verify they are speaking with the actual owner of the device). See what they suggest.

Is the phone still covered under AppleCare or AppleCare+ ?

Moral of the story; photos kept only on the device they were taken with are not really 'saved'. They are just temporarily there until something happens to them, or the device.

I think there are repair services that can attempt 'heroic' repair and/or recovery of data from damaged iPhones, but it is not inexpensive.

9. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sfackett0 View Post
    Verizon's 4s does had a sim card its on the right side, and you can snag pics off it when hooked up to a computer...
    As far as I know, the SIM card in an iPhone does not store photos, only config info for the phone network.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    ... Also can the sims card just be swaped and the new phone work?
    Yes, with some caveats.

The replacement iPhone must be either unlocked or be locked to the same cell company as the SIM.

The replacement iPhone then needs to be activated with her Apple ID. If this is done via the computer with iTunes, and iTunes has a backup from the old phone, then iTunes will offer to transfer all the old info onto the replacement iPhone.

The replacement does not need to be the exact same model iPhone, it can be an older or newer model. If the replacement model has less memory than the old, the restore from backup may not be able to fit everything in, and some stuff will be tossed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information