Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Riva water box instructions

I have a 2012 rxt-x 260 and im about to put the riva water box in, i pulled out my old one already (WITHOUT REMOVING the exhaust pipe coupler). I just loosened one of the band clamps and slid it out. , i dont see any need to pull the exhaust coupler , cant i just slid the new box in place and tighten the silicone coupler down and be done with it?

+1
    Yeap and don't forget the water line ...

+1
    As per riva you also need the exhaust tube when using their waterboxes. This turned me off since my existing riva rear outlet pipe from riva will not fit the water box

Important:
    The following Additional RIVA Exhaust Components are required to complete the installation.

RXT/GTX (S3) iControl Models: Aluminum Exhaust Tube RS16091-ET-100 - http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/...091;%20SD%20S3
    RXP-X (T3) iControl Models: Aluminum Exhaust Tube RS16091-ET-110 - http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/...091;%20SD%20T3

All S3 & T3 Models: Billet Rear Exhaust Outlet RS15090-ET - http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/...;%20SD%20S3/T3

NOTE: Water Box not designed or intended to be used with stock rubber exhaust hose and/or stock exhaust outlet.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    As per riva you also need the exhaust tube when using their waterboxes. This turned me off since my existing riva rear outlet pipe from riva will not fit the water box

I was able to fit the Riva waterbox with my stock Riva tru hull exhaust pipe, no need to replace it with another one.
    Use a longer couple silicone hose a the rear of the tru hull exhaust tip so you you are able to fit it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombino View Post
    I was able to fit the Riva waterbox with my stock Riva tru hull exhaust pipe, no need to replace it with another one.
    Use a longer couple silicone hose a the rear of the tru hull exhaust tip so you you are able to fit it.
    Thank you very much

I ended up taking the coupler off anyway. It is easier to get it all lined up. I already had the rear exit exhaust kit. Been buying parts all winter and did everything at once. Just have the impeller and override module to do and I'm done spending money on it lol. I do have the intake upgrade but I want to test everything else first

Quote Originally Posted by jbombino View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post

Isnt the siliconhose melting from the exhausty temps?

+1
    No; the silicon hose out stand 500 degree, never a problem...

okok! can i buy this hose at greenhulk shop?

+1
    Any performance benefit from the Riva waterbox? Sharing your RPMs before and after with only changing the waterbox would be appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information