Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    Riva water box instructions

    I have a 2012 rxt-x 260 and im about to put the riva water box in, i pulled out my old one already (WITHOUT REMOVING the exhaust pipe coupler). I just loosened one of the band clamps and slid it out. , i dont see any need to pull the exhaust coupler , cant i just slid the new box in place and tighten the silicone coupler down and be done with it?


  2. #2
    SLASHER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Australia, Perth WA
    Posts
    3,263
    +1
    474
    Yeap and don't forget the water line ...

  3. #3
    www.eastcoastpwc.net Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    7,991
    +1
    455
    As per riva you also need the exhaust tube when using their waterboxes. This turned me off since my existing riva rear outlet pipe from riva will not fit the water box

    Important:
    The following Additional RIVA Exhaust Components are required to complete the installation.

    RXT/GTX (S3) iControl Models: Aluminum Exhaust Tube RS16091-ET-100 - http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/...091;%20SD%20S3
    RXP-X (T3) iControl Models: Aluminum Exhaust Tube RS16091-ET-110 - http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/...091;%20SD%20T3

    All S3 & T3 Models: Billet Rear Exhaust Outlet RS15090-ET - http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/...;%20SD%20S3/T3

    NOTE: Water Box not designed or intended to be used with stock rubber exhaust hose and/or stock exhaust outlet.

  4. #4
    jbombino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Hialeah, FL
    Posts
    636
    +1
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    As per riva you also need the exhaust tube when using their waterboxes. This turned me off since my existing riva rear outlet pipe from riva will not fit the water box

    I was able to fit the Riva waterbox with my stock Riva tru hull exhaust pipe, no need to replace it with another one.
    Use a longer couple silicone hose a the rear of the tru hull exhaust tip so you you are able to fit it.

  5. #5
    www.eastcoastpwc.net Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    7,991
    +1
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombino View Post
    I was able to fit the Riva waterbox with my stock Riva tru hull exhaust pipe, no need to replace it with another one.
    Use a longer couple silicone hose a the rear of the tru hull exhaust tip so you you are able to fit it.
    Thank you very much

  6. #6
    I ended up taking the coupler off anyway. It is easier to get it all lined up. I already had the rear exit exhaust kit. Been buying parts all winter and did everything at once. Just have the impeller and override module to do and I'm done spending money on it lol. I do have the intake upgrade but I want to test everything else first

  7. #7
    Jetpilot87's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombino View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    As per riva you also need the exhaust tube when using their waterboxes. This turned me off since my existing riva rear outlet pipe from riva will not fit the water box

    I was able to fit the Riva waterbox with my stock Riva tru hull exhaust pipe, no need to replace it with another one.
    Use a longer couple silicone hose a the rear of the tru hull exhaust tip so you you are able to fit it.
    Isnt the siliconhose melting from the exhausty temps?

  8. #8
    jbombino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Hialeah, FL
    Posts
    636
    +1
    17
    No; the silicon hose out stand 500 degree, never a problem...

  9. #9
    Jetpilot87's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    12
    okok! can i buy this hose at greenhulk shop?

  10. #10
    performance enthusiast AD4342's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Posts
    296
    +1
    1
    Any performance benefit from the Riva waterbox? Sharing your RPMs before and after with only changing the waterbox would be appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. TDR or Riva water box which one's louder?
    By IBADTON in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 10-12-2009, 03:23 PM
  2. WTB riva water box
    By RXP Blur in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-11-2009, 05:42 PM
  3. Riva water boxes are shipping
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-20-2008, 02:49 AM
  4. riva water box any speed gains
    By seadoo rxt in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-01-2008, 02:09 PM
  5. RIVA water boxes available for pre order
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-23-2008, 08:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •