2004 GTX SC pulled. Have a question on the Washers.

I pull my Charger off my 2004 GTX. I had orderd the Tool Kit and the 5 Washers from Hydrostream. I pulled and replaced the washers which look to be a perfect match to the originals. I bought the Ski new and know there has been no work done on the SC or anything else. My original 5 washers I pulled look to be Metal and not like any ceramic material I have ever seen. I took two pair of Vice Grips and bent two of the washers. I was expecting ceramic and something that would break. Has anyone tried to break the original old washers??? Did they put metal washers in some of the 2004 models?? Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience.

+1
    The 5 washers are spring/disc washers the two ceramic clutch washers are on each side of the gear.

OK, makes more sense now... Thought I was going crazy. Thanks for the input. Will see if I can order the Metal clutch Washers.

+1
    how many hours on the ski.

+1
    I just did a rebuild on my 2004 GTX SC and let me tell you. I hope you have an inch pound torque wrench with a dial because the clickers do not read torque in counterclockwise.

hey guys just got 2 gtx sc 03/04 that have 110 hrs with no rebuild im fairly mechinal but need to do it myself to save bucks any youtube videos or online instruction found a shop manual on ebay will this give me step by step,btw not new to pwc have worked on many 2 strokes only oil and plugs on 4 strokes thanks for any input

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rodneyrocket View Post
    hey guys just got 2 gtx sc 03/04 that have 110 hrs with no rebuild im fairly mechinal but need to do it myself to save bucks any youtube videos or online instruction found a shop manual on ebay will this give me step by step,btw not new to pwc have worked on many 2 strokes only oil and plugs on 4 strokes thanks for any input
    when i got my SC back from jerry's he included the new rebuild kit along with the directions supplied... so im pretty sure they have directions in the package..

+1
    The rebuild kit comes with instructions. I highly recommend the OEM Seadoo rebuild kit. SBT leaves me with a considerable amount of doubt on most anything mechanical.

there is a pdf floating around here somewhere anybody got the link?

Thread Information