Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rock Hill, SC
    Posts
    101
    +1
    2

    Factory 2012 RXP-X 260 speed and RPM

    Mine runs ~67 MPH at exactly 8040 RPMs all the time no matter the weather or water temp so far but it has not been too hot since I have had the ski.

    I noticed Riva shows the stock ski running 67 MPH at only 7800 RPM. Why am I turning 8040 RPM stock and only going 67 MPH? Exactly are the factory limiters set at on a factory 2012 RXP-X 260?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Riva Speed.JPG 
Views:	154 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	299350  


  2. #2
    ATNryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    River Crew CT
    Posts
    695
    +1
    75
    You are close to what I was stock. I would see spikes up to 8140, but then the ECU would pull RPM and I saw a top speed of 68.9.

  3. #3
    stuckmoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Newark, De
    Posts
    1,485
    +1
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasdjames1 View Post
    Exactly are the factory limiters set at on a factory 2012 RXP-X 260?
    The skis want to run @ 8040. There are several limiters in place. That Stage 1 kit uses a SCOM unit that ONLY bypasses the GPS limiter. I think they advertize it like that to fluff they're numbers.

  4. #4
    Water4fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels TX.
    Posts
    10,069
    +1
    790
    Mine ran exactly what yours does. 67 at 8040rpm/ I even went as far as telling people there stock skis dont run 69's, All I can say is some are just a tad faster, because I have seen one run 68.8 and that was almost 2 faster than mone...
    BUT IM a fat ass... LMAO.

  5. +1 by:


  6. #5
    Tiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Atl
    Posts
    3,561
    +1
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckmoto View Post
    The skis want to run @ 8040. There are several limiters in place. That Stage 1 kit uses a SCOM unit that ONLY bypasses the GPS limiter. I think they advertize it like that to fluff they're numbers.


    WHAT???? Riva fluffing their numbers???? When??? Where??? Why??? LMFAO!!!!!!!

  7. #6
    Sayers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Melbourne AUS
    Posts
    2,300
    +1
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasdjames1 View Post
    Mine runs ~67 MPH at exactly 8040 RPMs all the time no matter the weather or water temp so far but it has not been too hot since I have had the ski.

    I noticed Riva shows the stock ski running 67 MPH at only 7800 RPM. Why am I turning 8040 RPM stock and only going 67 MPH? Exactly are the factory limiters set at on a factory 2012 RXP-X 260?
    That's normal and a realistic number rather than a one off magic pull 70mph. You should squeeze a little more putting your weight on the back.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-21-2015, 05:04 PM
  2. FS 2012 RXP-X 260 with R&D R3 reflash and Intake $11,000 only 11 hours
    By Boost Almighty in forum Sea Doo 4Tec Skis
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-23-2014, 10:09 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-21-2012, 10:23 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-21-2012, 10:03 PM
  5. Loss of speed and RPMs
    By NJ-Ski in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-21-2006, 10:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •