Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

2013 GTX Limited is 260 Mods

Looking to do the simple mods right now to get to 72mph - 75mph.

Have researched R&D and by only reprogramming the ECU, plus 15/22 impeller and Aquavein Intake Grate for $1,342 I can get to 75 mph.

Seems simple enough without to much work except I have to send in my ECU.

If I can get 75mph with this, I'm done. Dont need anymore than this.

Would prefer to have a stock ECU on hand as well incase I need to have to send it in for service, don't want to avoid warranty. I could leave the impeller on and the intake grate on the seadoo which shouldn't void my warranty and just change out to the stock ECU. I'm in Canada and dont want to send things back and forth to R&D all the time.

Riva kit has a lot more work to do with their kit and speed isn't as good plus they are more money, louder noise etc., etc. and I prefer not to go this way if R&D really works.

Anyone have the R&D setup on their 260 is?

Is it working? Am I missing something, their kit doesnt even include a power filter kit which is normally the first thing you do for more performance etc.

Is programming my ECU myself is a better option than having a stock ECU on hand what would you recommend.

I would appreciate your comments.

Jim

+1
    Look into Vtech for your tune instead of R&D. You won't hear much from people running R&D tunes on the newer Bosch ECU's on these forums. With Vtech, you can flash to any tune you want and then flash back to stock if there was ever a problem. The total package is only a couple hundred more dollars than the R&D tune. After that, 4in Kanaflex intake (Fizzle is an easy way to go), intake grate, and impellar. You might be a little over your original budget, but you will be much happier.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ATNryan View Post
    Look into Vtech for your tune instead of R&D. You won't hear much from people running R&D tunes on the newer Bosch ECU's on these forums. With Vtech, you can flash to any tune you want and then flash back to stock if there was ever a problem. The total package is only a couple hundred more dollars than the R&D tune. After that, 4in Kanaflex intake (Fizzle is an easy way to go), intake grate, and impellar. You might be a little over your original budget, but you will be much happier.
    There is no way to run a 4inch air intake upfront on a IS boat....

+1
    I've had a few I S skis.
    They are a lot harder to mod and your speeds are still going to be slower due to the extra 150-200 lbs of suspension .
    Search the threads there are a few who have been successful but it wasn't easy.
    Pm unsane he's been successful at modding his I S and he's had a lot of professional help.

Good luck!!!

+1
    So the V tech map tuner seems to be the best option to get around the ECU restrictions and I can also quickly go back to stock if needed.

What intake grate and impeller do you suggest?

I'm coming down to Forida next month so I would like to order the mods soon so I can bring them back with me.

Thanks.

Jim

+1
    I have my vtech flashed ecu and handheld tuner for sale all together for a real low price of you are interested....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    There is no way to run a 4inch air intake upfront on a IS boat....
    Whoops, Sorry, didn't know that.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ATNryan View Post
    Whoops, Sorry, didn't know that.

No biggie...Most people dont know that...The suspension components are in the way. You would have to disassemble the whole ski to get all the suspension parts out in order to try and run a 4 inch air...

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1
    Can't run a true cold air, but they do make a Powerfilter kit. I have that, along with the Kanaflex freeflow exhaust. For the Athena testing Duke adding Supertech springs/retainers and a fuel pressure regulator. My ski can now safely spin to 9000rpm. On his reflash (done by Torx, but he wrote it) it did run 74.6 at 8400rpm one time on a different prop. However, I was a little on the lean side so the regulator is now set to 58 pounds. The current prop is an SRZ 15/20. On an 83mm nozzle I might need to take some pitch out of that prop, but on the reflash, it ran 72ish and over 75 on the Athena. My ski was on the Worx grate for those speed runs. The Worx grate and RD are the same on smooth water, but a small bit of chop (like 4 inches) will actually buy another 100 rpm on the Worx grate, which is also better turning. However, the RD grate is better for rougher water. If you start running 72 or more, get rid of the stock grate, unless you want a near death experience, like the one I got when my pump stuffed last year, giving me permanent injuries. Get an ECU system where you can load your tunes and datalog, such as the Athena or the new Vtech. Also, put in a wideband AFR to see what your numbers are doing. These things run on the lean side and that can eat up parts if you start turning 8300rpm or more. You can get away with 8400rpm on the stock valvetrain. It took a lot of work for Duke to get my ski to 75 and since I'm missing an AFR, he did error on the rich side a bit. These are heavy skis and they'll have no issue getting to 71-72, but 75 may be a stretch without almost perfect ECU and prop tuning. BTW: If you ever get an Athena, contact Duke about the tune, since it was set up for mine.

BTW: Do not get and SRX prop and have it set too far back by anyone. Use the SRZ and use the stock rubber nose cone! Also, if you talk to people, make sure they actually understand these skis. I got too much info before that was based off of RXP's. This is a way different ski and any baseline RXP knowledge applied could actually be harmful. (at least that's been my experience)

Good luck!

10. +1 by:

+1
    Thanks for the input everyone.

Unsane, would you buy another iS or stay clear of them for the standard Rxt-x without suspensions?

Also, do you really think the R&D performance kit can get to 75mph as listed.

R&D R3 ECU Reprogram (must send in the OEM ECU to program)
    Part #: 803-01503 8250 73.5-74 mph
    R&D Pro Pitch Impeller 15/22
    Part #: 133-01522 8250 74.5-75 mph
    R&D Aquavein Intake Grate
    Part #: 113-95006 8250 75.5-76 mph

Can I use all their stuff except for the ECU and get a VTech but will I still get to 75 mph? Something doesn't sound right with R&D claim of 75-76 mph?

Has anybody tried this kit?

All I really want is to get to 72-73 and no more without too much work. I have a 5 year warranty I don't want to waste it either.

Thanks again.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information