Thread: vts additon rxt/gtx
04-24-2013, 05:34 PM #1
vts additon rxt/gtx
Vts addition rxt/gtx parts needed
Rxp start/stop housing with harness-80.00-100.00
Vts trim ring rxp or rx di- 20.00-40.00
Rxp steering nozzle-39.00
Trim ring bushings qty. 4- 20.00
Vts housing with motor- 120.00-180.00
Vts rod seadoo rx di works perfect with wedge, must shortenwithout- 20.00
You can buy a main harness from a rxp for the vts wires just9 total you need. I made my own as its more cost effective unless you find amain harness for under 100.00
Mpem pins qty 9- 40.00
2 m8x20mm stainless socket head bolts-3.00
2 pin female Packard connector- 2.00
6 pin female Packardconnector – 5.00
1. Remove old start/stop housing from the handlebars you must remove the top and bottom covers as well as the pad. This willexpose the start/stop harness simply remove it there are two plugs right abovethe gas tank a 4 pin plug and a 6 pin plug. Unplug them and pull them throughthe steering column save the 6 pin plug you will need this later in the wiring.
2. With the new rxp start/stop housing and harness you will notice it has two 6 pinplugs the extra two wires are for up/down on the vts. Remove the 6 pin plugfrom your old harness be sure to keep the orange o ring and don’t break thecenter orange section of the plug.
3. On your rxt harness in the ski you will removethe 4 pin plug with the 6 pin plug from your old harness. You can add the twowires you need for vts to the 6 pin plug from the old harness. Simply choosetwo wires from the old harness and cut them both to 6 inches and install buttconnectors on the end and plug them into the 6 pin for the two vts wires . youwill need to extend these wires to the mpem connector 1.vts up blue/white 1-13 ---vts down green/white 1-12
4. With the vts module out you can now make yourwiring harness it is a total of 7 wiresthe harness needs to be around 5 feet long. It goes from the vts to the mpem. Run out 7 five feet lengths of wire doesn’tmatter the color as you will need to label them. Install the 2 pin connector and then the 6pin connector pin B is unused on the 6 pin. I label the other ends of the wire with the mpem pin designations
2pin a=red/purple/white>>2-21 mpem
5. I used some wire loom and put all the wires intoit and ran them to the mpem. I then terminated each pin and plugged it into therespecting mpem location
6. Remove the pump and drill the top right hole inthe pump shoe, I used a 1 inch hole saw. You can now mount the vts module it’s a tight fit especially with anexternal ic but it does fit. Make sure the o ring is on the shaft prior toputting the module in the hole. Use a little permatex the right stuff and makesure the rubber washer is on and install the nut on the vts shaft.
7. Now for the pump venturi you need to disassemble it completely. Youneed to grind down the top and bottom mounting bosses flush so it does notinterfere with the vts up and down movement also install some threaded insertsto block off the existing holes. Theseare no longer used with vts. The two bolts will bolt through the trim ring intothe new rxp nozzle not the venture. Be sure to add the 4 plastic inserts the gointo the vts ring these secure the ring in place with the nozzle .
8. Once the venturi and nozzle are bolted up youcan re install the reverse gate and install the vts rod onto the vts and bolteverything up like you would normally.
9. So by this point everything should be wired upand installed ready to go. You must now use candoo or take it to the dealer soyou can enable vts once this is done all systems should be ok and functioning.this will greatly improve launching and cornering hope this helps
04-27-2013, 08:37 PM #2
If I just get a VTS switch can I cut out my switch part so the vts switch fits? Or do I need a new plastic switch cover thing?
04-28-2013, 10:13 AM #3
you can cut it out but without the actual harness you will need a 6pin duestch connector with the right gauge pins i believe 14-16 gauge. also if you just get the vts buttons you need to tie in a ground from the mode set buttons, this is already done on the complete harness. the harness for just the buttons are 50.00 but the whole setup is 100.00 it will save a lot of headaches with the complete steering harness
04-28-2013, 07:49 PM #4
04-28-2013, 09:50 PM #5
How long is your vts rod? do you have a pump wedge?
05-26-2013, 10:00 PM #6
whats the best solution for a rod with no wedge? rxt
05-26-2013, 11:10 PM #7
05-27-2013, 12:56 AM #8
- Join Date
- May 2010
Do a search and you'll find that I belive you have to take 2 inch of the stock rxp rod. I have an 06 rxt and did this mod following I belive guss13 steps.
05-27-2013, 05:47 AM #9
05-27-2013, 11:25 AM #10
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Pale Rider in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQsReplies: 40Last Post: 04-14-2015, 11:41 PM
By Kinchyle in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 15Last Post: 05-19-2006, 05:47 PM
By Kinchyle in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 0Last Post: 02-19-2006, 09:08 PM
By Shibby1485 in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 6Last Post: 09-29-2005, 10:17 PM
By 05Limited in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 5Last Post: 06-03-2005, 09:54 AM