Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Ski Hacks MG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    5,253
    +1
    990

    4 Tec Finger Throttle?

    Is it possible to replace the thumb throttle with a finger throttle on my 2004 GTX 4-Tec? I looked at the Riva but wasn't sure if it worked with EFI.


  2. #2
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,049
    +1
    238
    Yes check out the store

  3. #3
    Ski Hacks MG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    5,253
    +1
    990
    This? I assume you completely remove the stock throttle unit or...? Also, is this plug and play or do I need a new cable, etc?

    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=329

  4. #4
    mattydipps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Babylon, Long Island
    Posts
    652
    +1
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by CCW View Post
    This? I assume you completely remove the stock throttle unit or...? Also, is this plug and play or do I need a new cable, etc?

    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=329
    yeah the stock unit comes out completely and this replaces is... i know some guys modify the stock housing cover to make it look uniform but i cant find any pictures of it done..

  5. #5
    Ski Hacks MG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    5,253
    +1
    990
    Thanks. Is it practical for a liesure rider? My wife and kids also ride and until we have another ski, this one is community.

  6. #6
    mikelytle1077's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    frisco, tx
    Posts
    955
    +1
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by CCW View Post
    Thanks. Is it practical for a liesure rider? My wife and kids also ride and until we have another ski, this one is community.
    i run this throttle on my gtx you have to cut the housing a bit to get a better one finger pull but yes i like it much better than the thumb throttle. you will also need the adapter screw so your cable will hook to the lever.

  7. #7
    chartersj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Grand Manan, New Brunswick, Canada
    Posts
    122
    +1
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelytle1077 View Post
    i run this throttle on my gtx you have to cut the housing a bit to get a better one finger pull but yes i like it much better than the thumb throttle. you will also need the adapter screw so your cable will hook to the lever.
    Would you mind posting a picture of your set up? im quite interested in this myself

  8. #8
    mikelytle1077's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    frisco, tx
    Posts
    955
    +1
    37
    i will get one up tonight

  9. #9
    mattydipps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Babylon, Long Island
    Posts
    652
    +1
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelytle1077 View Post
    i run this throttle on my gtx you have to cut the housing a bit to get a better one finger pull but yes i like it much better than the thumb throttle. you will also need the adapter screw so your cable will hook to the lever.
    Where can we get the adapter screw? Does Jerry sell it in the store?

  10. #10
    Ski Hacks MG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    5,253
    +1
    990
    Quote Originally Posted by mattydipps View Post
    Where can we get the adapter screw? Does Jerry sell it in the store?
    Yes, here are both parts.

    Throttle: http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=329

    Adapter: http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=330

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Finger throttle 4 tec
    By dsteinmann in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 11:34 AM
  2. UMI Finger Throttle on Stock Handlebars
    By 1FastTrespiper in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-30-2011, 03:49 AM
  3. Hey Jerry and you Finger throttle guys.
    By Water4fire in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-29-2005, 11:41 PM
  4. Throttle cable adjustment after finger throttle install?
    By Griff350 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-19-2005, 02:49 AM
  5. finger throttle
    By rxpblast in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-20-2005, 02:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •