Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Nothin' runs like a Deere IowanGPR's Avatar

Muffler Assembly

Ok, took my muffler assembly and head off of my 1300 yesterday. I had difficulty getting the temp sensor disconnected from the coupler that is attatched to the spark plug housing (assembly/ can't find the right word) I'm assuming its just a pinch on the sides and remove type coupler but I spent 20 minutes and just said F* it and unscrewed only the end of the temp. sensor which is on the muffler assembly. is it just pinch on the sides and pull or what?

+1

That thing is a pain in the arse !!!

It has some clips on the inside and then pull. Its usually easier to remove the whole plug from the CDI bracket, then release the clips and un-plug.

Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post

It has some clips on the inside and then pull. Its usually easier to remove the whole plug from the CDI bracket, then release the clips and un-plug.
    What he said. I usually use a very small screwdriver and stick it in on both sides to get the clips unhooked, then sqeeze and pull the plug with needle nose plyers so I dont pull the 2 little wires out of the plug.

Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post

ok, tried to remove both of the couplers from the metal bracket on the side of the CDI but they wouldn't come off and I didn't want to bust them knowing I could find a solution on this website.

is there a clip on the bracket holding it from sliding off of the top?

thanks for both of your inputs.

+1
    There is a clip on the connecter housing that holds it on the stainless bracket.

is the coupler removalbe from the bracket?

t.y.

will get it sometime.... we have a huge power outtage here in Iowa no TV/internet( i'm at my mom's place for a few hours here)/ no heat, hotwater

thanks for your help guys.

Ben

so is this coupler removable from the bracket we speak of? kinda got off the subject.

Ben

You're right- it's a pain in the ar#e, but all things assembled can be dis-assembled! If you look closely at the top of the plug socket, where the wires exit, there is a small clip you push in with a screwdriver, and the socket comes off the bracket, then you do as the others said with a couple of screwdrivers and point nose pliers. It's good if you have 3 hands, but it can be done with 2! Once you've located the first clip, you'll see how well disguised it was! If you're still struggling, I'll try take a picture for you. Let me know.

got it off, thanks all for help... after i got it off i realized how much of a foool i was for not figuring it out, the clip is just backwards from the way I was thinking i guess-

ben

Don't worry, I was just the same with the damn thing! Like I said, it's so well disguised you can't tell it's there, but once you've found it, it's obvious...Doh! My theory is that the Japs do things like this to confuse us into thinking we will have to book into a Yammi' repair shop as it's beyond us DIY 'ers to do it ourselves..... velly fliendish, Glasshopper! Greenhulker's always know the way to beat the system!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information