Thinking about parting my 2008 yamaha fx sho (I am new to this site how to I go about

I am thinking about parting my 2008 yamaha fx sho and am new top this site, how do I go about listing it ? do I list every part or as a hole what kind of money would I get for parts ?

many thanks

+1
    you can check out the forum market place rules here http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

for part outs, you usually make 1 thread for the whole ski, people will post what they want by calling dibs on that part. then you should make a post with a list of who wants what just to keep some organization. I believe the rules mention this but you need over 25 posts before you can sell anything

welcome to the hulk!

+1
    ^^^^ forum rules will explain everything. Welcome to greenhulk there is a lot of great guys on this forum that u won't find anywhere else I can promise u that. If u decide to part the I'm def interested in the complete motor

Hi and thank you for the welcome, my motor is done , hole in engine and head is damaged beyond repair, I will try finding a replacement head and engine casings or a replacement motor but I know there hard to find.
    Again thank you for your reply

Mark

+1
    Mark,

What happened? Was heavily modded?

Hi , the ski is standard , I am not mechanicaly minded but I will try to explain the damage, the piston casing has a hole in it where something from the rod or piston has came through , the crank shaft is damaged as is its casing and the head is scrap metal now.

+1
    Best way to part something out is to take everything completely apart. Take a picture of each item you are selling, list everything you are selling with details and a price.

Here is how I parted out my GPR http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...hlight=parting

I am not looking forward to this but , will need o do it as I dont think I will get a engine I can afford . Thank you very much for your help

+1
    Dang, sorry about your troubles. Can I ask how you got a hole in the case? You don't see that very often on a newer Yamaha engine.

Quote Originally Posted by sortsol View Post
    Dang, sorry about your troubles. Can I ask how you got a hole in the case? You don't see that very often on a newer Yamaha engine.

As I say I am not good with engines but I was told the rod that pushes the piston has a pin or something connecting them , it was this part that has failed and came through the engine.

Thread Information