Thread: Way2fast

Way2fast

Has anyone heard from Richard. He has not done any posting in a couple of days now. Hope everything is ok.

Roger

I talked to him yesterday. The covers are in but he is busy with some forrest fire near his house. He is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorne1053 View Post
    Has anyone heard from Richard. He has not done any posting in a couple of days now. Hope everything is ok.

Roger

Thanks, I knew it was unusual for him to be off line this long. I sure he keeps that fire under control. Again thanks

Roger

+1
    I'm alive...and not in jail...yet !! The Environmentally Endangered Lands Program (EELS) here in FL is run by a bunch of morons who have no desire to protect anything. Florida has 2 groups.... One are the contractors who want to pave over everything in sight. The other are the 'fake' conservationists who want to burn every wild land parcel left. My subdivision is surrounded by conservation land. I have 2 acres on the barrier beach and the woods go right up to my house deck. We only have well water. no fire hydrants or any way to fight a forest fire if a "controled burn" got out of control as they often do.

Late thursday afternoon I received a taped phone call that was almost impossible to hear mentioning something about the EELS Program with a call back number. I called the number and it took 10 minutes before anyone could find out what the taped message was supposed to be about. Well it turns out to be a notice that they intend to burn up to 30 acres of fields and oak forest ADJOINING MY PROPERTY AND SUBDIVISION !! There is a Red Flag Fire alert throughout Central FL. You would probably get arrested if you had an outside bar-b-q. and these idiots want to start a forest fire ! I called the County Commissioner...gone for the day. I called the Division of Forestry...they knew noting about it. I called the neighbors, only 3 got the same phone message I did. I called the TV and newspapers.

Friday AM.. get up early to plan my defense. Wind is from the NW at 14-15 mph...blowing right toward our subdivision from where the fire was to he started. FL Today Newspaper reporter came for interview. He took photos from my deck showing where fire was planned. A bunch of neighbors and myself went to meet with the EELS Program manager nitwit. He had invited me to do so the day before. He tells us that the reason for the fire is to destroy some exotic grass and then plant native grass. I told him the grass roots won't be killed by fire, it will grow right back. Then he says they already used chemicals (Agent Orange ?) to kill the grass roots. Then I ask why do you have to burn it if it is already dead ? Why not use a tractor to rake it up, or let it decay naturally....beside nothing is going to grow after the agent orange was used on the soil anyway!! Tempers start to climb and he must have thought there was going to be a lynching. I tell him to call the Sheriff...he does. We all walk out of the woods. When the Law arrives he tells the Sheriff he wants to press charges against me for trespassing (I was invited..remember?) and battery !! he said I pushed him...**** I didn't do anything, but looking back I regret not knocking his teeth out and letting the angry mob string him up. The sheriff makes both of us fill out statements. Now it is up to the DA to determine if he has grounds to press charges against me. I have a bunch of witnesses, he has nothing, so once the matter is settled, I'm going to sue him and the county for defirmation of character.

Now back to the fire..it had just been started , regardless of the dangers involved. An ABC News team arrives, takes video from my roof deck, then goes to take more of the fire.....guess what, the fire gets put out barely after it started. Having TV there scared the sheet out of the idiots!! They don't like publicity. Today the sheriff stops over my house to tell me he would feel the same as I did, had it been his house that was put in danger by these incompetent idiots. But it will be up to the DA to decide whether to pursue or drop the matter.

I must have seen myself on the TV news a half dozen times between yesterday and today. Boy do I need a haircut !!

Anyway, the covers and manuals came in late thursday afternoon. I was tied up friday with the above BS, I hope to mail them out Monday, or Tuesday at the latest.

The part number given for the Ultra shop manuals in the owners manual turned out to be shop manuals for the 15F, not the ultra. Dam Kawasaki ! I know Skip was anxious to get the manual. As of now it probably doesn't even exist. If no one wants the two I have, I'll be stuck with them.

Richard

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    I tried to order one from Kaw, they are on back order!

Thread Information