Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

almost may and ski is STILL winterized!! and im in west tx of all things

The weather has been somewhat crazy. The past 2 summers I have been at the lake by mid march with not worrying about getting below 32°. So weather is calling for another freeze this upcoming Thursday. My concern is the ski is still winterized. Is their a such thing as being winterized too long? It is an FZS 2010 SHO.

+1
    My 2007 seadoo rxt stays winterized for about 7-8 months per season. You are Ok.

Thanks man. Ive never had a 4 stroke ski and want to make sure its taken care of

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatJetSkiFella View Post
    The weather has been somewhat crazy. The past 2 summers I have been at the lake by mid march with not worrying about getting below 32°. So weather is calling for another freeze this upcoming Thursday. My concern is the ski is still winterized. Is their a such thing as being winterized too long? It is an FZS 2010 SHO.
    Is your battery on tender? If not you may want to buy a replacement so you're ready to go when you pull it out.

+1
    +1 on the battery. That's the only thing that could be effected by prolonged storage. Assuming your ski was winterized properly.

just go over everything carefully, check all hose clamps ect... There is a good thread in the Yamaha How To section on winterize/summerizing.

Quote Originally Posted by @JC View Post
    Is your battery on tender? If not you may want to buy a replacement so you're ready to go when you pull it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by STUNNA View Post
    +1 on the battery. That's the only thing that could be effected by prolonged storage. Assuming your ski was winterized properly.

just go over everything carefully, check all hose clamps ect... There is a good thread in the Yamaha How To section on winterize/summerizing.
    Thanks guys. The battery is one thing I am going to need. Any recommendations?

+1
    Depends on your budget but the best are the AGM maintenance free.

+1
    AGM is the best option you can have on a value/money ratio. I have it for 4 years...no battery tender needed. I plug it out at the end of the season...7 months sitting...plug it in at the beginning of the new season and that's it!.hit start -fires up and go..! Mine is a 26amps..but produces 10 times that for a friction of time when you hit start button

I gotta look for this battery. Sounds like a good deal if the price is right

Just looked and ATM is the type not brand right? Any specific brand that is best for PWC

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information