Anyone Ride Lake Hartwell S.C. ?

Have never been on Hartwell and plan to ride it in May before school lets out. Does anyone on here have any recommendations on best places to put in and leave the truck? I assume it will be pretty much an all day ride to cover a Lake that size. My buddy and I have done most of the lakes in North Ga, Western N.C. and Southern Tennessee. Any recommendation is appreciated. Any info on number of Marinas avail for re-fueling?? Will probably ride on a Thursday or Friday to stay away from the weekend crowd.

+1
    There are no weekend crowds on Hartwell....Unless you go towards Clemson during football season..

I have only ridden on that lake a few times and there is NO ONE on it...I was there on a 4th of july a few years ago and saw 5 other boats all weekend

Good to Hear. I drive over it once or sometimes twice a week and see some boats and PWCs here and there but nothing like Lake Lanier. We try to go during the week so we can see the lake in peace. Thanks for the response. Where do you live in ATL?

+1
    I live in Alpharetta and work at Jet Thrust Performance in Lawrenceville.I usually ride Lanier on the south end if I am alone but if my Fiance goes with me, then we ride the north end..less idiots to deal with as she is less expeirenced of a rider.

+1
    I don't remember what the name of the location is where we have the tour races there. It is a very nice ramp with lots of good parking. I am offshore at work and have the address in my GPS at home. I will try to find out what it is called or possibly someone else could offer that info. It was near Lavonia. THat is where we stay.
    OK FOund it. It is on Tugaloo State park road
    34. 29 56N
    83 04 28 W

It is a nice little area. They may have been there for the races but have seen quite a few boats and skis in that area.

+1
    My uncle lives on Lanier and I will be down there the weekend June 8. I should be out and hopefully ride most of the lake.

Thanks for the info. Will have to stay in touch. I rode on Lanier yesterday afternoon which was a bad windy day... Found a couple of wind blocked coves to have a little fun in.. Bad day at the lake is better than ANY day I have ever had at work though...

Thread Information