Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rear tail spray delete!? Help

So I took out the rear tail sprayer on the back deck. I swapped the nozzle to one that doesn't have the out and I really don't care for the spray anyways. I am putting down hydroturf mats and the hole is still open. I got to thinking water will come up through there and get under the mats...

What is the fix for this? I know people delete this thing and put on hydroturf all the time.

+1
    Chris,i just did mats on my triple.I thoight about the water deal but if you have plenty of glue down,it will be ok.Heres an idea,put a small bead of glue or 4200 around the hole,under the boat.This will insure any water intrusion under the mats.Im going out to the garage and do mine now.

Quote Originally Posted by WATER WOODY View Post
    Chris,i just did mats on my triple.I thoight about the water deal but if you have plenty of glue down,it will be ok.Heres an idea,put a small bead of glue or 4200 around the hole,under the boat.This will insure any water intrusion under the mats.Im going out to the garage and do mine now.
    Thanks man, I think that will work! These mats are a pain in the ass. lol

+1
    Peace of mind knowing that the water cannot get under the mats is a good thing and very simple to throw a quick bead down there that will take 5 minutes of your time.

Quote Originally Posted by WATER WOODY View Post
    Peace of mind knowing that the water cannot get under the mats is a good thing and very simple to throw a quick bead down there that will take 5 minutes of your time.
    This is what I ended up just doing, my dad suggested it.

I took the water spout and put it in the hole from the bottom. I looked to see where would be about even with the deck. I dremeled off the rest. I then fined tuned the hight with a die grinder. Then I took some 5200 and sealed the hole in it and then put it in from the bottom and sealed it into the hole in the deck.

You could have just added a TAP into the hose going to the spout and left it turned off - if for some reason you wanted it back on - you at least have the choice?

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by franku View Post
    You could have just added a TAP into the hose going to the spout and left it turned off - if for some reason you wanted it back on - you at least have the choice?

Frank
    Well see, my RD nozzle doesn't have the spray out. So no place for a hookup.

ahhh - fair enough... I didn't realise that.

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
    Well see, my RD nozzle doesn't have the spray out. So no place for a hookup.
    I use to have the RD nozzle, maybe you know something that I don't but you might want to but it on E-bay and get an 87 Stock Nozzle

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy1300 View Post
    I use to have the RD nozzle, maybe you know something that I don't but you might want to but it on E-bay and get an 87 Stock Nozzle
    Well, the reason why I bought it was it is 5 degrees, and 87mm. I have a modded plate so that matches. I don't see how the nozzle is different other than it isn't OEM really.

Reason why I wanted the 87mm is to gain some extra low end and possibly top speed with my setup. I am running a 14/20 on a semi stock motor.

Tell me what you know about the differences in these nozzles. I would like to hear what they are.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information