New user - replacing TPS on 2007 RXP - P0123

First off, thanks for all the great info on this site. I've been lurking for a few months and have gotten some great info.

This is my first ski. I have been into Jeeps in the past working on and building/restoring CJ7s. I got out of that hobby and decided to pick up a 2007 SeaDoo RXP for some family fun.

Second time on the water the ski throws a P0123. TPS error. I checked the shop manual, ran the resistance and voltage tests and confirmed the TPS is bad. I ordered a new one online for about $100.

My confusion is multiple sites mention needing to reset the computer TPS settings after changing the settings. Is this necessary? Does anyone around the BR area have one of these computers? I have the Toyota Techstream software and cable and a OBDII reader from my days of working on offroad toys. Curious if anyone around the BR area might have the computer software and be able to reset these settings for me if necessary?

My dad just built a camp on Lake Saint Catherine and that area (Rigolets) is where I'll be doing the majority off my riding.

Thanks in advance for your help.

you would need candoo or buds to reset the tps, this will fix many issues since you have to 0 it in to get it in sync with the ski cpu.

Thanks for the reply. That is what I was looking for. So no matter what, after I replace the TPS I need to bring it somewhere to get the TPS reset in the computer. I read that this can't be done by unplugging the battery. What a crappy design.

Quote Originally Posted by hogslayerz View Post
    Thanks for the reply. That is what I was looking for. So no matter what, after I replace the TPS I need to bring it somewhere to get the TPS reset in the computer. I read that this can't be done by unplugging the battery. What a crappy design.
    the tps is very sensitive to movement example: i took my throttle body apart to clean the butterfly and lube the bearings in the shaft put it back and had to reset it for peace of mind because it was not 0 in.

Do you reset it yourself or do you bring it to the dealership to reset? How much should I expect to pay just to get the TPS reset? I have heard some shops do a 30 minute min, which is about $40.

Quote Originally Posted by hogslayerz View Post
    Do you reset it yourself or do you bring it to the dealership to reset? How much should I expect to pay just to get the TPS reset? I have heard some shops do a 30 minute min, which is about $40.
    Unless you want to purchase a candoo for $400ish that price is ok.

Thread Information