How long can you ride a 2006 seadoo gtx before refueling?

Hi. I have 2 2006 SeaDoo GTX STD. I can't find anywhere on the internet the mpg or how many hours i can go without refueling. These have a 15.9 gal tank so rounded 16 gal. How long can you ride a 2006 seadoo gtx before refueling?? I want to take a long trip but ive never payed attention to the gauge haha!

+1
    That totally depends on your amount of throttle.
    If you take it easy 4-5 mpg.
    At wot you can burn a tank in 1.5 hrs or less.

Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    That totally depends on your amount of throttle.
    If you take it easy 4-5 mpg.
    At wot you can burn a tank in 1.5 hrs or less.
    Thank you for responding! ill keep that in mind. Do you or anyone else know of a boating map? Like you can set beginning markers and end markers and it will tell you the distance and how long to get there by boat??? Like a google maps for boaters?
    Thanks!
    Ben

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bendoggie117 View Post
    ... anyone else know of a boating map? Like you can set beginning markers and end markers and it will tell you the distance and how long to get there by boat??? Like a google maps for boaters?
    Thanks!
    Ben
    In the marine world these are called 'charts'

There are lots of electronic chart devices and charting apps/software.

A good charting system will show you the low speed zones, navigational hazards, way points, distances, and even compass angles for navigating. Distance is one factor, but cruise speed (and engine RPM) is a major factor in terms of reachable distance. Water and wind conditions also affect fuel economy.

Charts can also show you places with fuel available at dockside, but this info may not be 100% accurate. If you are depending on refuelling at a distant location, verify beforehand that they are actually still in business and still able to refuel watercraft.

The general boating rule of thumb for fuel capacity is to plan to consume 1/3 of the tank getting there, another 1/3 of the tank used getting back, and 1/3 of the tank is set aside for reserve/safety/unexpected. Never plan to burn nearly the entire tank capacity before reaching a refuelling location.

5. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    In the marine world these are called 'charts'

There are lots of electronic chart devices and charting apps/software.

A good charting system will show you the low speed zones, navigational hazards, way points, distances, and even compass angles for navigating. Distance is one factor, but cruise speed (and engine RPM) is a major factor in terms of reachable distance. Water and wind conditions also affect fuel economy.

Charts can also show you places with fuel available at dockside, but this info may not be 100% accurate. If you are depending on refuelling at a distant location, verify beforehand that they are actually still in business and still able to refuel watercraft.

The general boating rule of thumb for fuel capacity is to plan to consume 1/3 of the tank getting there, another 1/3 of the tank used getting back, and 1/3 of the tank is set aside for reserve/safety/unexpected. Never plan to burn nearly the entire tank capacity before reaching a refuelling location.
    Great tip man! Thanks! Are there any that you prefer that would work in FL? I see that your from Canada and wondering if theres a different name

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    gps chart plotters work here in the states equally as well.

ski trips are better when you have a support boat along to carry refreshments of all types.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bendoggie117 View Post
    ... Are there any that you prefer that would work in FL? ...
    Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    gps chart plotters work here in the states equally as well...
    This is the sort of gear we be talking about;

http://www.garmin.com/en-US/explore/onthewater?power=1

I am not going to recommend a specific product, as there are many different sizes and types, with widely varying prices. Many on here use a handheld GPS unit, hopefully with Marine charts.

These are typically fastened or strapped down somewhere in front of the driver. Riding with one hand while actually holding a handheld unit in your other hand can be tricky without stopping or really slowing down.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rf-lg.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	299846

I will include the Garmin 640 as a larger example just because it is an interesting screen size, and the overall unit size is reasonable for mounting on a watercraft.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cf-lg.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	299845

When on the water and moving at speed on anything but glass smooth water, I find the handheld units to be hard to read as the display is typically limited in size and jiggling around with the watercraft motions. I tend to prefer the largest, best quality GPS/chart display I can get without having the overall unit be too large to mount.

Thread Information