Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

XXXL Newbie Considering 300X or RXTX

So I'm 5'11 350lbs. Yes overweight for sure but I'm about to buy one of these 2 and had some quick questions for any bigger rider. I know they are both roughly the same size. The 300X seems to have harder acceleration which I feel will be the most important factor for how big I am. I would imagine but run about the same up top. Is that a safe assumption?

I will probably be on lakes most weekends but will probably go to the beach with it 4-5 times a year. I know the 300x is suppose to dominate under bad conditions but on the lake most of the time it should be relatively flat.

I don't plan to go crazy on mods. Probably do stage 1 basic mods for both. I just don't want it to turn into a nightmare. I already have 1 high HP car and a decent HP Daily that give me enough headaches sometime so I just want a fun fast out of the box machine.

Is the acceleration on the 300x the ticket for a big guy to hang with all the 200lb average guy on quick RXT/RXP? By the way I'm very clear I will never be the fastest guy on the water with my weight but I would at least like to keep up with the packs.

+1
    look into the FXSHO for a great all around ski, biig enough for a big guy like you, handles great and a great rough water machine, alot less troublesome than the kawi or sea poo

3. +1 by:

+1
    nice to get yamaha advise on a kawasaki forum, dont buy a retiree yamaha you wont like the sedate punch it produces your on the right track go the 300 only because you are asking here, go on the seadoo forum and im sure they will say but the seapoo, btw there are no issues with owning the 300 like big john assumes..

+1
    I found the 300X to be a much more stable ski than the others due to its hull design and yes Im also a big guy. Love my 300X.

Since u say ur in it for top speed most kawi end speed is like 80tops. U can get some yami and seadoo in 90's so if ur looking for a smooth lake ride most the time that's the way to go. But if u need for off shore then 300x is best all around. Reason it's not best in lake it's cuz it's too heavy, but the take off is amazing

Banned User
    +1
    If you leave the ski stock you will have no problems. Stock for stock the 300 will keep you up with your friends on other stock skis there all limited to 67 now days out of the box. The 300 will always have the best low end punch due to the TVS supercharger.

+1
    I'm not into it for top speed necessarily. I already know both skis are awesome machines but my specific question is basically if the 300x bigger engine has so much more acceleration than the RXT X it will help tremendously in this case where the rider is as heavy as me. Now if both accelerate about the same then maybe it just comes down to which one I like more overall. The Sea Doo will be a little more. Looks nicer imho. It's lighter.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    If you leave the ski stock you will have no problems. Stock for stock the 300 will keep you up with your friends on other stock skis there all limited to 67 now days out of the box. The 300 will always have the best low end punch due to the TVS supercharger.
    That is what I was thinking.

+1
    Send a PM to the site owner Green Hulk and ask him his opinion of the power of the 300. He is a bleeding blue and white Yamaha fan. He rode my 300 when it was bone stock out the box. If he will say something good about a Kawasaki no one can argue it. He even posted it publicly on the forum. Granted he will try to get you on a Yamaha but ask him his opinion of the 300's power compared to any other stock ski.

11. +1 by:

+1
    I have ridden all 3 skis and own an FX SHO. All 3 are more than adequate in the acceleration department if your not racing and the hulls can handle your weight, but I would stick with the 300. just my 2 cents

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information