Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2009 ultra 260 lx mods help and questions!!!

2009 ultra 260lx, only 80 hours, bone stock!!!! i need help with mods, i would love to run maybe more than 80mph what mods do i need to accomplish that and safely, im looking for basic motor mods, such as to increase hp, im a mechanic for cars and ive already looked up a few parts for my ski but i just want some opinions on whats best,

i have also read a couple threads about the "pump upgrade" to a 2013 ultra 300, my question is why? what for? Whats the purpose? whats wrong with the oem pump?

Ive owned my ski brand new out of the box for about 3 years and i did the basic break in and its maintenance, it runs perfectly fine and theres nothing wrong, only thing that has broken and replaced was the sc belt after all i run the fucker hard as hell, highest air was about 20 ft...

thanks for the help!!!!

+1
    I don't want to be negatif but you really don't have the ski for a 80mph project unless you don't care to throw and loose alot of money into it and even then, it wouln't be reliable.

If you want an honest opinion, beside some little mod like plate, wedge, grate, air mod and intercooler dual feed, leave it stock if you want a reliable ski.

As for the pump you should upgrade to the 2011,12,13 set up if you haven't done it yet, this is not a performance mod it's a prevention mod and that should be done right away before severe damage to your engine, alot of info on all those mods on the forum, use the search engine and you'll find great info here.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by jose305 View Post
    2009 ultra 260lx, only 80 hours, bone stock!!!! i need help with mods, i would love to run maybe more than 80mph what mods do i need to accomplish that and safely, im looking for basic motor mods, such as to increase hp, im a mechanic for cars and ive already looked up a few parts for my ski but i just want some opinions on whats best,

i have also read a couple threads about the "pump upgrade" to a 2013 ultra 300, my question is why? what for? Whats the purpose? whats wrong with the oem pump?

Ive owned my ski brand new out of the box for about 3 years and i did the basic break in and its maintenance, it runs perfectly fine and theres nothing wrong, only thing that has broken and replaced was the sc belt after all i run the fucker hard as hell, highest air was about 20 ft...

thanks for the help!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brisyl View Post
    I don't want to be negatif but you really don't have the ski for a 80mph project unless you don't care to throw and loose alot of money into it and even then, it wouln't be reliable.

If you want an honest opinion, beside some little mod like plate, wedge, grate, air mod and intercooler dual feed, leave it stock if you want a reliable ski.

As for the pump you should upgrade to the 2011,12,13 set up if you haven't done it yet, this is not a performance mod it's a prevention mod and that should be done right away before severe damage to your engine, alot of info on all those mods on the forum, use the search engine and you'll find great info here.

cheers

Thank you for the help, for my specific ski what would be the most mph I can get with mods, is there any specific I can do??

+1
    low 70s is achievable with not to much investment but from there it's gonna cost you
    Quote Originally Posted by jose305 View Post
    Thank you for the help, for my specific ski what would be the most mph I can get with mods, is there any specific I can do??

+1
    If you are only wanting speed and do not care about the sacrifices to get it, Riva plate, mod the grate and a wedge. Give it some more fresh air.
    Living in Miami I would not make these sacrifices

The rest will be engine mods
    Last edited by lasportsmn; 04-29-2013 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    If you are only wanting speed and do not care about the sacrifices to get it, Riva plate, mod the grate and a wedge. Give it some more fresh air.
    Living in Miami I would not make these sacrifices

The rest will be engine mods

Well since I'm use to cars, my wants are mostly power, from my experience more power means faster, idk how it work with ski's I would like the stock handling modifications but with more power, especially with take off, I know that in the water who ever gets to top speed first the gayest will win and that's basically what I want, my common sence would be to do the intake, exhaust, and water box for better flow, and then work with the Ecu for a nice tune, maybe play with fuel maps and and raise the boost, I mean that's what I would do to any other engine, but I'm very aware that in the water everything is different, what's your opinion on Excatly what I should do ?

+1
    mate the ski is not the easiest for getting any great gains, you would need to spend a few thousand $$$ for very little gains..

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    mate the ski is not the easiest for getting any great gains, you would need to spend a few thousand $$$ for very little gains..

No no no trust me I totally understand you I'm not trying to be ignorant I've notice that you have to spend thousands to get little gains. But ok if you had a 260lx what exact mods from your experience would you do to be faster than the basic moded Yamaha and seadoo's here in Miami, I know there always some one that's faster than you, but what would you do to reach the ski's best performance out of that engine?

+1
    mate you are on greenhulk its an older ski there are thousands of posts on mods for it search and you will find, a pulley kit, plates, grates, ecu tunes, air mods, timing mods,
    look on 250xtech also, they simply aren't a fast ski, a stock 300 out of the box will kill it, you are far better off putting the money required into a new ski. once you start fuking with it reliability goes downhill real fast, first you will lose a s/c then a pump if you haven't updated it then possibly a motor, it simply is a brick lol

+1
    +100, Buddy you will put more money to get your ski to low 70s then selling your ski and put that money and the money you intend to put on mods on a new ski "300x" wich will already be faster out of the crate with only an SCOM

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    mate you are on greenhulk its an older ski there are thousands of posts on mods for it search and you will find, a pulley kit, plates, grates, ecu tunes, air mods, timing mods,
    look on 250xtech also, they simply aren't a fast ski, a stock 300 out of the box will kill it, you are far better off putting the money required into a new ski. once you start fuking with it reliability goes downhill real fast, first you will lose a s/c then a pump if you haven't updated it then possibly a motor, it simply is a brick lol

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information