Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Picked up 1.9 mph

I got all of the silicon that was on the ride plate and shoe. It was smeared over both of them, Then I did a little sanding to smooth out. Hydro had recommended that I do this. I actually filled the tank back up so that it would be the same as when I was only getting only 64mph.

It turned 3 hrs today and the speed actually went to 65.9 gps. Still about 3mph under what everyone else is getting on stock skis but it is a little better. I still have not checked it with low fuel, that will be next.

Roger

Roger, glad you found some more speed by cleaning up the rideplate/pump shoe area.

Just an FYI... The 67+ numbers that some are getting is NOT with a full tank of gas. It is with 1/4 tank or less. No one is pulling 68mph with a FULL tank of gas on a stock Ultra 250x unless they are pulling their ultra behind their tow vehicle on the highway.

Curtis

Thanks Curtis, I was beginning to think that I had gotten a big old red dog. My tank has not got below 3/4 tank so far. Skip told me to run it until the buzzer came on then try again for top speed.

I am also very curious to see how many quite running with 5 gal. of gas left in the tank. It it does Kawasaki will have to do something about that. It will really cut the cruising range down if we can only use 15 of the 20 gal in that big tank. We are lugging around an itional 32 or so pounds in the front of this boat.

Nah, nothing wrong with your ski. My red one is most likely in the same ballpark as yours. I need to check around my rideplate and stuff to see if there is anything that needs to be cleaned up for a few more mph.

I ran mine today all the way down till the buzzer was sounding. it is for sure faster when there is little gas in it. I still don't have a GPS but by the seat of my pants and running against the other skis I can tell it is faster.

GPS will come shortly.

Enjoy the ski.
    Last edited by ph2ocraft; 02-24-2007 at 10:47 PM.

Curtis what were you showing on your speedometer?

Quote Originally Posted by cue03 View Post
    ... it is for sure faster when there is little gas in it.
    When full at 20.6 gallons x 6.5lbs per gallon that is 134 lbs of gas up toward the nose of the ski...makes perfect sense that making the ski a 100lbs or so lighter (particularly in the nose) is going to make a difference on the top speed.
    Last edited by ph2ocraft; 02-24-2007 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorne1053 View Post
    Curtis what were you showing on your speedometer?
    I very rarely look at the speedo since I know they are always inaccurate. For example, if you go thru the MODE button on your ski it tells you max rpms and max speed and mine says 70.... which I know is incorrect.

when I do glance down my speedo is always reading when at full throttle it reads anywhere between 58 and 60. the kawi speedo reads lower than actual speed it seems.

Curtis

+1
    I very rarely look at the speedo since I know they are always inaccurate. For example, if you go thru the MODE button on your ski it tells you max rpms and max speed and mine says 70.... which I know is incorrect.

when I do glance down my speedo is always reading when at full throttle it reads anywhere between 58 and 60. the kawi speedo reads lower than actual speed it seems.

Curtis

They get to keep the USCG happy and earn a few brownie points besides !

Richard

the speedo...tells you max rpms and max speed and mine says 70.... which I know is incorrect.

So is 70 mph the MAX speed this speedo can display? (like the STXR?)

Cutris, hit your reset button on your max speed/tach. That way it will show the max speed that you got. You are correct on the speedometer reading slow. Mine showed 58mph and my gps showed 64 the first time I checked it.

By checking your speed on your ski will give you an indication of what it is actually doing 60 on ski--64gps. this is what mine is doing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information