Question "Performance upgrade, couple questions"

I was wondering what would be better as to an upgrade,,, it's all factory now,,, it is a waveraider 1100.... I was wanting to know the factory pitch of the impeller? Also I was thinking that I would do an upgrade with a new impeller, at a higher pitch than factory, new reeds.. thought that might boost my mph a little or hurt me or maybe doing a aftermarket pump upgrade which would be the best to get more speed ? Or am I looking at it all wrong,,,, was wanting to check with the experts first.. thanks everyone

+1
    A couple of easy things: Ditch the oil injection and go premix. It will run much better and use less oil. The Raiders and Ventures had no connection between throttle and oil pump, only rpm. So they oil ok at full speed but oil too heavy at idle and midrange.
    #2, Have the head milled for more compression, 1100's are really low on compression from the factory.
    #3, Check out the www.groupk.com website, tons of good info on 1100's and Raiders.

+1
    Do what LT1 says, then HOLD ON. 1100s are a wild ride, even in light chop. Have fun man!!

Question how much should I get the head milled ?

?
    Quote Originally Posted by LT1GMC View Post
    A couple of easy things: Ditch the oil injection and go premix. It will run much better and use less oil. The Raiders and Ventures had no connection between throttle and oil pump, only rpm. So they oil ok at full speed but oil too heavy at idle and midrange.
    #2, Have the head milled for more compression, 1100's are really low on compression from the factory.
    #3, Check out the www.groupk.com website, tons of good info on 1100's and Raiders.

Also wanted to ask if I milled the head and the compression was to high wouldnt I have to starting running really high octane fuel or maybe even av fuel?

+1
    I do not remember the exact amount to cut, best to send it to one of the guys here or Group K because it may need the squish area cut too. The stock 1100 can just about run on kerosene, so you can up the compression from the stock 115 or so to 145-150 and run 92 octane.
    PS: Try the Old School section, it has more info pertaining to Raiders in it.

Thread Information