Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FZS Fuel consumption

Hi guys i'm looking at buying a 2010 FZS. Only thing i'm concerned on is I have been told they are ridiculous on fuel consumption. Is this true or is this exaggerated. I was looking at the Honda F15x and I know they are better on fuel but is there a huge difference or is it a small difference in consumption between these two skis. I know it also depends on how you ride it but mainly looking at cruise speed. thanks for any help...

+1
    It's all relative-overall my FZS uses the same amount of fuel as my '96 Sea-Doo did. At full throttle the supercharged four strokes are thirsty but during cruising they aren't working as hard as the old two strokes did.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by colvoo View Post
    Hi guys i'm looking at buying a 2010 FZS. Only thing i'm concerned on is I have been told they are ridiculous on fuel consumption. Is this true or is this exaggerated. I was looking at the Honda F15x and I know they are better on fuel but is there a huge difference or is it a small difference in consumption between these two skis. I know it also depends on how you ride it but mainly looking at cruise speed. thanks for any help...
    anything below 6000 RPM and you're not in boost and the ski will cruise a good distance. Went to Mud Bug last year and a full tank of fuel lasted all day without re-fueling and we cruised approx. 45 miles in one day and still had a litlle over a third of fuel left. Hope this helps you but if you decide to go with the Honda the only thing you may do is limit you aftermarket selection for mods but that's it. Both skis are good in my opinion.

+1
    2008 Honda F15X = two hours at 30 mph, 1.5 hours at 45 mph, or one hour at 50 mph.

http://www.personalwatercraft.com/ma...eview-716.html

+1
    my FZR seems to get about 5 mpg riding at around 40 to 55

+1
    Fuel consumption is dictated by how hard you ride. If you are WOT the whole time, you will burn through a tank in a little over an hour. Keep the ski between 4-5k rpm and you can do 80miles on the FZR. I have done 80 and just hit the low fuel buzzer pulling into the harbor.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Re flash leans them out a bit.....I have got 120 miles and I crammed 2 addl gal. in tank......riding at 5500-6500

Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post
    Re flash leans them out a bit.....I have got 120 miles and I crammed 2 addl gal. in tank......riding at 5500-6500
    Is this a mod to the ECU I have heard about modding the ECU to improve fuel consumption, is this an expensive exercise and an involved process??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by colvoo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post
    Is this a mod to the ECU I have heard about modding the ECU to improve fuel consumption, is this an expensive exercise and an involved process??
    A reflash is when you send your ECU off to R&D or Vtech who reprogram the parameters on it for higher performance (ie increased timing, rev limiter, higher boost limiter). I would say that the better fuel consumption is seconadry to the increase in performance. All you need to do is ship your ECU and the company reprograms it for you.... plug and play.

+1
    Is IT OK to put the reflashed ECU on a 2011 FZS without any of the R&D Speed mods other than R&D Grate / ppk ? Plan to add other MODS later but I have a Reflashed ECU available NOW ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information