Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    FZS Fuel consumption

    Hi guys i'm looking at buying a 2010 FZS. Only thing i'm concerned on is I have been told they are ridiculous on fuel consumption. Is this true or is this exaggerated. I was looking at the Honda F15x and I know they are better on fuel but is there a huge difference or is it a small difference in consumption between these two skis. I know it also depends on how you ride it but mainly looking at cruise speed. thanks for any help...


  2. #2

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis MN
    Posts
    835
    +1
    127
    It's all relative-overall my FZS uses the same amount of fuel as my '96 Sea-Doo did. At full throttle the supercharged four strokes are thirsty but during cruising they aren't working as hard as the old two strokes did.

  3. #3
    enforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx.
    Posts
    686
    +1
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by colvoo View Post
    Hi guys i'm looking at buying a 2010 FZS. Only thing i'm concerned on is I have been told they are ridiculous on fuel consumption. Is this true or is this exaggerated. I was looking at the Honda F15x and I know they are better on fuel but is there a huge difference or is it a small difference in consumption between these two skis. I know it also depends on how you ride it but mainly looking at cruise speed. thanks for any help...
    anything below 6000 RPM and you're not in boost and the ski will cruise a good distance. Went to Mud Bug last year and a full tank of fuel lasted all day without re-fueling and we cruised approx. 45 miles in one day and still had a litlle over a third of fuel left. Hope this helps you but if you decide to go with the Honda the only thing you may do is limit you aftermarket selection for mods but that's it. Both skis are good in my opinion.

  4. #4
    YoYamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    21,531
    +1
    4,757
    2008 Honda F15X = two hours at 30 mph, 1.5 hours at 45 mph, or one hour at 50 mph.

    http://www.personalwatercraft.com/ma...eview-716.html

  5. #5
    txgp1300r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas , Texas
    Posts
    3,381
    +1
    165
    my FZR seems to get about 5 mpg riding at around 40 to 55

  6. #6
    lets race.... mikeFZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    4,132
    +1
    205
    Fuel consumption is dictated by how hard you ride. If you are WOT the whole time, you will burn through a tank in a little over an hour. Keep the ski between 4-5k rpm and you can do 80miles on the FZR. I have done 80 and just hit the low fuel buzzer pulling into the harbor.

  7. #7
    AWA MEMBER
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Currituck, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    4,616
    +1
    247
    Re flash leans them out a bit.....I have got 120 miles and I crammed 2 addl gal. in tank......riding at 5500-6500

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post
    Re flash leans them out a bit.....I have got 120 miles and I crammed 2 addl gal. in tank......riding at 5500-6500
    Is this a mod to the ECU I have heard about modding the ECU to improve fuel consumption, is this an expensive exercise and an involved process??

  9. #9
    lets race.... mikeFZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    4,132
    +1
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by colvoo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post
    Re flash leans them out a bit.....I have got 120 miles and I crammed 2 addl gal. in tank......riding at 5500-6500
    Is this a mod to the ECU I have heard about modding the ECU to improve fuel consumption, is this an expensive exercise and an involved process??
    A reflash is when you send your ECU off to R&D or Vtech who reprogram the parameters on it for higher performance (ie increased timing, rev limiter, higher boost limiter). I would say that the better fuel consumption is seconadry to the increase in performance. All you need to do is ship your ECU and the company reprograms it for you.... plug and play.

  10. #10
    dewzee1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lake Martin AL
    Posts
    95
    +1
    1
    Is IT OK to put the reflashed ECU on a 2011 FZS without any of the R&D Speed mods other than R&D Grate / ppk ? Plan to add other MODS later but I have a Reflashed ECU available NOW ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FZS vs FX HO 1.8 Fuel consumption
    By husadan in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-05-2012, 05:09 PM
  2. FZS vs RXP fuel consumption
    By engineermike in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-19-2012, 06:36 AM
  3. Fuel consumption comparison?
    By lawracing in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 09:25 AM
  4. Fuel Consumption in a 06 GPR
    By shooter98xpl in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-26-2006, 04:10 PM
  5. Fuel consumption
    By mickey78 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-20-2005, 10:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •