Waverunner remote question

I picked up a VX110 AND A FX160 both with no transmitters. I know i have to have Yamaha reprogram new ones. Question is can you reprogram used ones or do i have to buy a new one? I already got a new one on ebay yesterday.

Thanks

+1
    Yes you can program used ones as far as I know. They wife it clean and reprogram it. Look on ebay, you can get them for $50-$70 sometimes.

+1
    The remotes themselves don't get reprogrammed, BTW. Your local Yamaha dealer/shop should have a tool that plugs into the ski and puts the computer into learning mode, this allows the ski's computer to learn the new/used remote's code. I had this done recently, painless. Expect to be charged 30 minutes labor (Minimum shop fee), the process itself only takes about 10 minutes tops.

Thanks guys. Did it today does not even take two minutes.

+1
    How was it done mate as im needing a new remote as well

+1
    A special device is plugged into the loom of wires underneath the dash. The lock or unlock button on the remote is then pressed and the signal is then programmed into the entry box. The green indicator light on the dash will flash when it has been accepted. i have access to one of these, PM me about it if you'd like.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yahooligan View Post
    The remotes themselves don't get reprogrammed, BTW. Your local Yamaha dealer/shop should have a tool that plugs into the ski and puts the computer into learning mode, this allows the ski's computer to learn the new/used remote's code. I had this done recently, painless. Expect to be charged 30 minutes labor (Minimum shop fee), the process itself only takes about 10 minutes tops.

the security system is independent from the ECU.......the security system disables the starter.......does not have anything to do with the Engine mangment computer. that box is on the right side very front of ski.....my range sucked with the remote and I found the wire for the wireless signal buried down in hull

Quote Originally Posted by Orange FZS View Post
    A special device is plugged into the loom of wires underneath the dash. The lock or unlock button on the remote is then pressed and the signal is then programmed into the entry box. The green indicator light on the dash will flash when it has been accepted. i have access to one of these, PM me about it if you'd like.
    Yep my friends use to own a dealership so i used theirs. So EZ to do its amazing.

+1
    I picked up a used 2010 fx HO which only had one fob... I replaced the fob battery and put a new agm battery in the ski. for some reason the ski was locked and couldn't unlock so I spent the $50 for the dealership to pair the fob and ski ~ 5 minutes... I would like to purchase another fob and a entry box (schematic anyone?) but would like to do so spending as little money as possible. Any advice and where?

+1
    Thoughts anyone?

Thread Information