Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

vtech 8375 tune questions?

hey guys soo finally got out to the water today after having my doo sitting in the garage for the winter.. so over the winter i installed a solas 15/20r prop, vtech 8375 tune, riva free flow exhaust, riva 4inch air intake and a depth finder. so depth finder works awesome! crazy to see how shallow the water is by the marina anyways.. my end result is according to the guage so i got 71 mph(i know this is off i will gps in future) max rpm were 8160 engine temp was 184 and the water i would say around 10 to 15 degrees celcius outdoor temp was 23 degrees celcius humidity was 43percent. water relativly flat... felt like it had more power... but heres my questions.... when i first started my ski it was not in sport mode? it should start in sport mode with the vtech tune should it not? when i say that im just confirming when you start with a vtech tune your seadoo dash should have sport mode lit up correct? also when i lifted the seat there was a tiny bit of white smoke coming from my ctach can... not billowing out just little bit coming from it( i read this is normal) soo i was hoping for a bit more top speed for what i have and for the conditions i was riding in oh yes and last yr in the summer my top speed without the tune was 67 mph accodring to the dash let me know what your guys thoughts are and where i should be with my speeed and rpms.. thanks guys forgot to mention this is the first time its been out since winterized and its a 2012 seadoo rxpx 260 with 29 hours on it fresh oil and fresh plugs
    Last edited by 12px; 05-01-2013 at 07:32 PM.

+1
    Was it fresh fuel? Any stabilizers in the fuel? What % was fresh/old?

The maps are provided to keep everything as standard, if you want a map to be "sports mode" on start, send jonatan an email with:
    1. Login email
    2. Which map you are using
    3. What you want changed on the map

A little bit from catch can every now and then is fairly common, a lot of the time there is nothing noticable... It shouldn't be more than anything like a lit cigarette sitting in an ashtray. Rings can get a bit sticky over winter, usually that clears by the time you get the engine hot.

That MPH change is in the ball park.

I'd consider bending the prop for more rpm, say on a cold day: 8300 rpm max. On hot days then it may hover around 8100-8200.

+1
    How many RPM's would he gain if he did the Intake Manifold Upgrade with his set up?

Keep in mind that it is almost imposable to do any troubleshooting of an EFI without a data logger. At best, we would only be guessing.

Andy

+1
    oh andy it will be fine.....lol and hell I dont have to fix it

+1
    Thanks for the replies the gas is last yrs gas so I would say probably 6months old and if they add stabilizer at the dealerwhen winterized then yes, also there was not nearly as much smoke as a lit cigarete and I don't nind. It not starting in sport mode, I just remember reading it did but, I'm happy it not

+1
    The Sport Mode issue has been discussed a lot on the forum. There are several ECU's that power up in Sport Mode but still indicate Touring Mode, but are actually IN Sport Mode. My 2010 TX does this also. The throttle response is the same no matter what the dash indicates.

Jerry posted a thread a long time ago, describing the different indications of different ECUs. Bottom line is, you really are in Sport Mode at start up.

Simply cycle back and forth thru the modes and see if the throttle response is the same.

+1
    so i guess my question now is where should i go from here? should i take the prop off and send it to impros, while its sent away should i put my stock prop back on? or should i just put my stock prop back on for good? or will a riva intercooler and the piping kit bring my rpms up with my solas 15 /20? many have you guys have been here and done it this is why i am asking for advice thanks alot... and the sport mode thing doesnt bother me i was just asking..

+1
    I don't know how many RPM's you will gain from adding the Intake Manifold upgrade from RIVA. Maybe someone can comment on the RPM gains from just that mod. But if it gives 1+ pound of additional boost I assume you will gain some RPM's.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by whittlebeast View Post
    Keep in mind that it is almost imposable to do any troubleshooting of an EFI without a data logger. At best, we would only be guessing.

Andy
    Why would he need to troubleshoot? What problem is he having? He said nothing about any problems.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information