chain for seadoo when attached to bouy

I have a the 2007 RXT and will be going to a rental cabin this summer and would like to tether the seadoo to a permanent bouy.I usually trailer the ski in/out for the day,but thought it might be easier for the short term.I have some stainless chain with clip-ends to use for anchoring from the eyehook of the ski to the bouy. Im concerned about the chain chafing the hull of the ski and thought of attaching a rubber hose over the length of chain? any ideas?.....I have rope ,and know the chain may be overkill but would welcome ideas and suggestions.

+1
    It's not good or recommended to leave a ski floating over night.
    They can sink if it leaks....

The chain should work.
    A chain will only stop the honest people it will Not stop a thief..

I know its not the best policy......I have a bilge pump,but agreed it can fail.
    I was thinking at least to tether it to the bout during the day.......will see when I get there how far away the boat launch is.[
    QUOTE=wotxxxsd;2156022]It's not good or recommended to leave a ski floating over night.
    They can sink if it leaks....

The chain should work.
    A chain will only stop the honest people it will Not stop a thief..[/QUOTE]

We leave our skis in the water for up to a couple weeks at a time, and have for many years. We have no choice as our lake is an Army Corps lake that doesnt allow floating ski docks. I always check on them every night for any signs of leakage, pull the seat and look with flashlight. It is super rare to have a significant leak spring up while not running.

+1
    lol I took my ski out saturday with the GF and went on a nature trail. I came back and it was about 1/4 mile out in the ocean. Luckily there was someone with a boat. I could swim it but I know better than most what's swimming around out there with teeth. I now use a hangmans knot. Hard as hell to get out when you want to leave but it ain't coming out on its own.

Anyway get yourself a Brinks industrial lock and construction class chain. Can't get through it with bolt cutters or hack saw

+1
    This may give you an idea, as this is how I secured 8 SeaDoo's for a week on Lake Ouachita between two houseboats. Very secure even with high winds.

Go to Academy Sports and purchase: plastic float, SS/plastic hook, and some vinyl rope. Loop the rope through the hook and float and secure. About $30 in materials for all eight.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone-jul12 909.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	143.9 KB 
ID:	300096

+1
    I just tie mine to a tree or a live exposed root with a 100 foot rope. It has survived some very severe Oklahoma storms.

Thread Information