Thread: F15X vs FZS

F15X vs FZS

Hi guys I need some advice and help. Im deciding between a Yamaha FZS and a Honda F15x. I currently own a Honda R12x and love it but I want to upgrade. Straight away I was sold on the F15x being a Honda supporter. But I want to consider all options. I have done a lot of research and I am hesitant in going with the F15x as Honda are no longer in production and the newest model I can get is a 2008 with about 40 hours. The only real positive I can see with the F15x over the FZS is fuel consumption, other then that I think I will go the FZS. If anyone has any advice or previous experience between the two it would be appreciated. And please not be bias toward Honda as I already am and im just looking for a true unbias comparision and peoples thoughts. Cheers

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    The Honda can't compare to the Power of the Yamaha Motor. I also owned a 2003 and 2005 R and F12X.......fuel consumption you can't compare that due to the Yamaha is 310CC bigger in displacment. The Honda will act better in the Ocean chop than The FZS. The FZS can run on regular fuel......the F15X needs prem. fuel. Aftermarket support.......Honda.....NILL Yamaha has plenty of aftermarket support. Looks.....I like the looks of the Honda Aquatrax over the Yamaha. I don't like the really low handle bars of the Honda Aquatrax......the Yamaha FZS adjusts up and down to suit driver. I like the dash function of the Honda over the Yamaha......digital is always better.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Both have a tough motor.......Honda powerplant is built a bit better and is Forged....over the cast parts on the Yamaha Powerplant. The Turbo on a Honda is far more reliable than the Supercharger on the Yamaha. Storage is about the same.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post
    Both have a tough motor.......Honda powerplant is built a bit better and is Forged....over the cast parts on the Yamaha Powerplant. The Turbo on a Honda is far more reliable than the Supercharger on the Yamaha. Storage is about the same.
    Did I just read this ? R u OK ? Lil
    If rick likes the Honda f15x u better get one wile u can !
    I will say the f15x ride is much smoother than the Yamaha .
    But if u like a jumpable ski the honda is crap for jumping small-med sized waves . it will cut thru them .

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jlfx car audio View Post
    But if u like a jumpable ski the honda is crap for jumping small-med sized waves . it will cut thru them .

telling it like it is.......i went for aftermarket support and more displacment........this Yamaha motor in a F15 hull would def give the Kawasaki a run in the ocean chop

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jlfx car audio View Post

telling it like it is.......i went for aftermarket support and more displacment........this Yamaha motor in a F15 hull would def give the Kawasaki a run in the ocean chop

Hello, My name is Nil!

+1
    Nil this isn't AA meeting u don't have to introduce herself . we both know Ur a duche

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

+1
    I have a need, a need for speed. The only solution is more cowbell!

Thanks for the help guys. As i'm in Australia its looking more like the yamaha as Honda support is hard to find and there aren't many around. Yamaha dealers are on every second street over here. Its a shame thats for sure. Honda need to go back into reproduction.

Thread Information