Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Talking Help with my 06 GPR1300 in Oz

Firstly, I am simply in awe of this site and everyone on it, well done with all ya projects/playthings/weapons and monsters, also its heart-warming to see ya all sharing info..... which bings me to my question, I am in Australia and after reading a whole bunch of fourums/posts I have decided to ask what is the "best" bunch of mods I can do to make my ski launch hard, turn hard, and have reasonable top speed. Am willing to buy/do fairly major mods but dont want to loose to much reliability.

+1
    Welcome to the forum

First of all, you have to develope a riding strategy. If you do not, then you may be buying parts that will not suit your needs. That riding strategy is based upon weather or not you are a recreational rider, or if you race, what type: grudge/smooth water racing or rough water/endurance/closed course racing. Tell us your riding conditions.

Some mods work well in all conditions, where as others work exclusively for just a couple of conditions. You have to ask yourself if what you are buying will suit your needs.

IMHO you should start off with hull and pump mods as they generally do not effect reliability. These results are almost immediate. Crawling around under your boat also helps you to understand how these mods effect how your hull behaves.

Last, since most of us are in the good old U. S. of A. and you are a brother from down under, it would do you good to look for used aftermarket parts in the classified section here. From what I hear, an individual can send a part overseas much cheaper than a business... especially a used part.

Talking

Hey thanks for reply Salty, good advise, I guess what I dont want to do is buy bits twice, which is along the same lines as what you are saying re. riding style.

To answer that style/usage question, (and something I failed to say) I also have 06 FX160 HO for recreational riding but for my GPR I would love something fast/sharp enough to race but still "fun" to play. Most importantly I need holeshot to smoke a mate who has a 215hp see-do (who will also be tweaking his ski).

If I could give ya an clue on my riding style my motto is - If u aint fallin off ya not tryin hard enough. And today I not only fell of but got spat off! yeah

Question

P.S. My biggest "grey" area is how extreme (or not) to go with the exhaust.............

+1
    you ride mostly in the ocean?

and is it OK if you have to use premium pump gas?

+1
    Welcome to the Forum !

You're in the right place, I had a stock GPR 8 months ago. Now it hauls butt, with a killer holeshot, thanks to a few on this site.
    Jetworks valve and D plate are all you need to do to the exhaust.
    PS good luck on smokin the RXP out of the hole without a lot of mods, but it can be done.
    I've never raced my 2 boats against each other, I know I need to.
    Last edited by RIDEALLDAY; 02-25-2007 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by philip_gpr View Post
    you ride mostly in the ocean?

and is it OK if you have to use premium pump gas?
    Testing is done in local river (salty water) but my beach is Surfers Paradise (note Gold Coast Indy)

No problem using Premium gas

+1
    what water conditions do you want to set the ski up for?

how high are the waves / chop?

Quote Originally Posted by licksipsuck View Post
    Most importantly I need holeshot to smoke a mate who has a 215hp see-do (who will also be tweaking his ski).

The holeshot kit from Island racing will help with that reguardless of riding conditions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information