looking for info for a 1990 waverunner wr650 lx carb setting and shop manual pdf

hi guys, i posted this on another site and was directed here to this site. im sorry if i missed this information somewhere else but i didnt see it while i was searching.

i picked up two of these skis a couple years ago pretty cheap. i just bought carb rebuild kits for them bc one will idle perfect, but fall on its face when you hit the throttle and die unless you give it a pump of fuel with the primer, and the other smokes like a "B" when idling with oil coming out the pipe. im looking for the carb needle settings for these skis. these are the OLD style carbs with the round diaphragm and casing on the side.

beyond new needles and o rings, spraying the chambers out with air, and replacing the pop off assembly and spring, what else could be causing these issues? i do not believe it is spark related since there is a noticeable change in the motor if either plug wire is removed.

also if anyone has a pdf of the yamaha shop manual i would REALLY appreciate a link or it being emailed to me.

THANKS

+1
    Start with low at 1 1/4 turns out and high at 1 and tune from there.I know there's a shop manual somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Myself View Post
    Start with low at 1 1/4 turns out and high at 1 and tune from there.I know there's a shop manual somewhere.

i have the entire yamaha repair cd but its too big to email it as far as i know.. anyone got any info on how to upload it??? and post it?? im not going to send it out to everyone that needs it but ill gladly put it somewhere anyone can get it. there only 30.00 at any dealer

Thread Information