Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: VXR possibly

VXR possibly

I'm looking to pick up a new pwc and recently looked at the VXR. I've read through some of the threads and so far haven't found anything to scare me away from this machine. What are your thoughts on the longevity/reliability of the VXR? Thanks

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Not that you asked for it but I would also consider the Kawasaki Stx-15f, it is similar in many ways. I really like the vxr as well and hope to get some good seat time on one in the near future. That 1.8l engine is just a brute. Just something to consider, I would ride both first.

Sean

Smokey, I actually went by the Kawi dealer on Tuesday. They've got what appears to be a good deal on a 12 leftover. A couple of reasons I was considering the VXR over the STX 15f is that the VXR has roughly 400 more cc's and weighs about 100 lbs less.

+1
    The VXR will run away from the STX stock 4 stock and is more agile IMO, I would give the rough water handling to the STX ... I have spent time on both the 12F and 15F (slightly modded) and would never recommend the Kawi to anyone that was considering the VXR.. unless I didn't like em haha

The STX is the most reliable thing that Kawi makes tho... Some of the 300's blow up with under 50 hours on em LOL

5. +1 by:

+1
    Just ck out the seat on a vxr compared to a vxs. Same ski with some mild changes

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002X View Post
    Smokey, I actually went by the Kawi dealer on Tuesday. They've got what appears to be a good deal on a 12 leftover. A couple of reasons I was considering the VXR over the STX 15f is that the VXR has roughly 400 more cc's and weighs about 100 lbs less.
    The weight difference isn't that much since Kawasaki publishes the wet weight (with fuel) and Yamaha's is the dry weight. I also looked at the VXR but had bad luck with the NanoXcel hull material cracking on my two FZs so I bought the STX-15F. Since they don't have superchargers, both of these boats should be very reliable so I would judge them by the looks, performance, and the deal you can get.

8. +1 by:

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    If you want speed rule out the 12f right away, I got mine to 60 but it's not fast, quick and fun yes but not fast. All I'm saying is you should ride both. Like mentioned, the vxr is bigger, lighter, and more powerful, the 15f is smaller, slightly less powerful and slightly heavier. It rides better in anything rough and in my opinion is one of the most fun skis out even still.

Ride both, all of us are biased, I'd love a little more power in my ski (which is why I built my 15f project ski) these guys are yamaha people and will support you in that case. As far as 300s blowing up, its down to fuel quality, delimiter (washers) issues, or poor maintenance, the motor is stout in stock form. The stx runs on 87 octane and as long as cared for (even poorly) it will serve you well for many years, as im sure the vxr will.

Ride both, then pick what suits you.

Sean

+1
    I will agree with Pro1200 on the Nanocell... That chit is soft! You'd swear mine is a hovercraft LOL

Well, the wifey went with me to do the deal and she hated the colors of the 13 VXR's. Basically Mustard Yellow and Boring Blue were here words.

We wound up going with a SeaDoo GTI 155 Limited. Not as fast as the VXR but, from what I've read a solid machine.

+1
    Doh! ... Hope you like looking at the back end of the yamahas

J/K man... I'm sure you will love it, they are nice boats

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information