2008 RXT 255 question

Have been interested in picking up a RXT 255 but don't know much about them. Have seen several LOW hour machines for a reasonable price. Does anyone know of any problems? Can't understand why anyone would have a machine and only put 15 to 40 hours total on something that is 4 to 5 years old. Are there known problems? My 2004 Sea Doo SC has been a zero problem machine so far and has 390 hours on it. Just don't want to buy a problem if they are known to have them. I assume 2008 was the 1st year for the 255 h.p. Thanks for any tips.

+1
    I've had a lot of X skis.
    They all are built very well and 08,09 are bullet proof.

Naturally Born to haul ASS....

Thanks for the info WOT. There have been several very low hour machines available locally on CL for decent prices.. You able to ride pretty much year round in Orlando? How many hours do you do in a typical year??

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Noyama View Post
    Thanks for the info WOT. There have been several very low hour machines available locally on CL for decent prices.. You able to ride pretty much year round in Orlando? How many hours do you do in a typical year??
    In my opinion-I would be suspicious of a low hour boats. it's possible to replace the ECU/Gauge cluster with a newer one, and that will reflect the hours of the machine that it came off of-not necessarily the hours of the ski you're buying. There are a lot of shady people out there-and they will buy wrecked/salvaged boats just for those "low hour" parts, to turn a 200 hour boat, into a 40 hour boat.
    Here's mine;http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=196048
    And those are documented hours(I keep a maintenance log with the date, maintenance done, and the hours at that time-so it's kinda like a "car fax")

You will want to inspect the pump tunnel for cracks, and to see if it has been re-enforced. This is a known issue with the 2008 RXT-X's. Mine had the tunnel re-enforced under SeaDoo Warranty. Other than that-it has been bullet-proof, has 190 hours on it, and other than re-building the super-charger every 100 hours(had mine re-built at 102 hours), you just put gas in it and go. Extremely reliable.

But, the normal number of hours for an 08 should be somewhere over 100 hours. If not, I would worry that it has sat too long-possible corrosion(especially if used in salt water and not rinsed off and flushed).
    Hours do not necessarily reflect the condition of the boat. Buyer beware-I've seen a few "40-hour" boats, in some ad's-and they don't look like they've been ridden 40 hours-they look more like they've been ridden 400 hours, and had the hours reset somehow.

The condition of my boat is pretty good for 190 hours(all fresh water). It's always been garaged, always flushed after each ride, etc. And, I wrote down the date and hours of everything maintenance wise that I did to the boat. But, I'm in Lake Havasu, Arizona. Can't get much farther West from you without hitting water......so it might be a bit far to come from Georgia(bring a trailer and cash).

EDIT; Beware of some Ad's on Craigslist-there are a TON of scams involving PWC's. Here is my CL ad;http://mohave.craigslist.org/boa/3774659402.html
    You'll notice I water-marked the hell out of my pictures. There are a lot of scammers that will steal others pictures-use them in a fake ad, then tell you they are; "out of the country right now-but if you wire me the money, I will tell you were to pick up or ship the boats". Buyer beware. If you can't ride them, touch them, and see the HIN number matches the Title the guy is holding in his hand-walk away.

+1
    Yes we ride year around here in Orlando.
    I put @ 70+ hrs a year riding.

Low hour skis are great if they are stored correctly.
    Compression test and ride what ever you buy.

Thanks for the info. Wish you Ski was closer to me.

Banned User
    +1
    Thanks for the info. Wish you Ski was closer to me.
    Road Trip!!!!

Have always wanted to ride Havasu. If I get an early retirement package here at work I will check with you. Some of the videos look like it would be a Great Ride.

Banned User
    +1
    Have always wanted to ride Havasu. If I get an early retirement package here at work I will check with you. Some of the videos look like it would be a Great Ride.
    Sounds like a plan.
    But, the but goes to a local broker Monday-who may already have buyers waiting. Those that know me, and the boat, know how well I treat my equipment. I've been told I'm not asking enough-but, I offered it at a price that I would be comfortable paying.....so we'll see what happens next week.

Thread Information