Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Saquaro & Canyon Lake -- East Valley AZ

Posting up a new thread for anybody going to the lakes on the East Side! Post up if your heading out! Gonna be 97 degrees on Sat....

Let's Ride!

+1
    Bueller?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ferris-bueller-boring.png 
Views:	47 
Size:	238.8 KB 
ID:	301102  

+1
    I'll be hitting Bartlett first weekend of June.

+1
    Still have not been to Bartlett... How is that lake for riding?

I'm at Saquaro or Canyon most weekends... Went to Pleasant a couple weeks ago and it was fun, really choppy, but still had a great time and the bar at the marina is sweet!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CougarKiller View Post

I'm at Saquaro or Canyon most weekends... Went to Pleasant a couple weeks ago and it was fun, really choppy, but still had a great time and the bar at the marina is sweet!
    Hey! I've been to Pleasant a number of times as well as Bartlett. Pleasant is over 20 miles closer to me but I prefer Bartlett. For one Pleasant is always freakin choppy as all hell and in the Summer time it's so full there's no real shoreline left to set up a spot to come back in for water, food, shade, etc so If I go there I go in the Winter when it's much lower and has ample and easily accessible shoreline just off to the side of the 10 lane boat ramp.

Bartlett is great IMO. It's a long, skinny lake that's great for back and forth runs and has ample shoreline any time of the year. I checked the SRP water levels website recently and Bartlett is 99% full. It hasn't been that full in years. The last time I was there was in early November last year and it was really low.

How's Saguaro?

+1
    Hi Guys, If you launch from the shore close to the 4 lane ramp, there is plenty of shore access. As for the chop it is a good work out and if you get there early it is ussually calm.

Let me know if you head to Pleasant I am always looking for new people to ride with.

Quote Originally Posted by Q in Arizona View Post

Hey! I've been to Pleasant a number of times as well as Bartlett. Pleasant is over 20 miles closer to me but I prefer Bartlett. For one Pleasant is always freakin choppy as all hell and in the Summer time it's so full there's no real shoreline left to set up a spot to come back in for water, food, shade, etc so If I go there I go in the Winter when it's much lower and has ample and easily accessible shoreline just off to the side of the 10 lane boat ramp.

Bartlett is great IMO. It's a long, skinny lake that's great for back and forth runs and has ample shoreline any time of the year. I checked the SRP water levels website recently and Bartlett is 99% full. It hasn't been that full in years. The last time I was there was in early November last year and it was really low.

How's Saguaro?

+1
    I did like Pleasant, even tho I didn't really ever get up to full speed (was really windy) ... but it is an hour+ drive for me so I will most likely only do a couple trips out there this year.... I am 10 mins from Canyon and 15 from Saquaro so its nice to get off the water and be home in no time.

Saquaro is cool but it does get crowded.. the water is pretty warm in the middle of summer, the water is up on both of these lakes right now so the water is nice and clean... I prefer Canyon for the Skis because its less crowded and the last boat ramp is always empty... Canyon has one open area and the rest is pretty much a giant river running thru a canyon.. so good for zippin around...

I want to put together a run to go to Apache Lake sometime pretty soon, We need to rally up a big group and have a ride day out there...

+1
    Let me know when you put the run together, I would love to join in.

I did like Pleasant, even tho I didn't really ever get up to full speed (was really windy) ... but it is an hour+ drive for me so I will most likely only do a couple trips out there this year.... I am 10 mins from Canyon and 15 from Saquaro so its nice to get off the water and be home in no time.

Saquaro is cool but it does get crowded.. the water is pretty warm in the middle of summer, the water is up on both of these lakes right now so the water is nice and clean... I prefer Canyon for the Skis because its less crowded and the last boat ramp is always empty... Canyon has one open area and the rest is pretty much a giant river running thru a canyon.. so good for zippin around...

I want to put together a run to go to Apache Lake sometime pretty soon, We need to rally up a big group and have a ride day out there...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wsmc90 View Post
    Hi Guys, If you launch from the shore close to the 4 lane ramp, there is plenty of shore access. As for the chop it is a good work out and if you get there early it is ussually calm.

Let me know if you head to Pleasant I am always looking for new people to ride with.
    Is that 4 lane boat ramp the one further up N. Castle Hot Springs Rd and then down Castle Creek Dr?

+1
    I checked it out and there is really no quick way for me to get to Bartlett... its 1 1/2 hours from my place. Same distance as going from my house to Roosevelt LOL

Prolly camp out if I'm going to make that run..

I've been dying to try out Apache... its not that far but is 20 miles of dirt road once you get outta Apache Jct

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information