Adjust-Thrust WetWolf RXT/RXP

Have anyone tested this on their boat? Does it actually work as they promise below?

Thanks,

Iceman

-Wet Wolf Technologies- manufacturer of the ADJUST-A-THRUST the only automatic transmission for jet pumps The AAT is the EASIEST bolt on mile an hour you can get. The Adjust-A-Thrust is simple to install and easy to tune. Installation on most models takes less than an hour. Initial tuning takes about an hour at your favorite lake. The Adjust-A-Thrust constantly shifts back and forth, changing the size of the pumps exit nozzle automatically. For maximum low end, the center shuttle is retracted, opening up the nozzle and allowing a large volume of water to be moved to accelerate the craft. As craft speed and pump pressure build, the tapered center shuttle is forced out into the exit nozzle, reducing its size and increasing water velocity, which increases top speed. Letting off the gas lets the shuttle backshift into low gear. The Adjust-A-Thrust is race legal in all classes except stock class. The Adjust-A-Thrust has been shown to affect top speed by as much as 3 mph. Typical gains are .8 to 1.5 more top end. The Adjust-A-Thrust bolts to your stock jet pump and constantly shifts back and forth according to craft speed and throttle position.

Last edited by iceman; 02-25-2007 at 06:12 AM.

looks very cool!

+1
    If im not mistaking RXP Steve is or has run one of these,,,

I have used this on my RXP and although it can be useful for varying the maximum RPM's of your boat, I saw little to no speed gain by using this part. YMMV....

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Have anyone tested this on their boat? Does it actually work as they promise below?

Thanks,

Iceman

-Wet Wolf Technologies- manufacturer of the ADJUST-A-THRUST the only automatic transmission for jet pumps The AAT is the EASIEST bolt on mile an hour you can get. The Adjust-A-Thrust is simple to install and easy to tune. Installation on most models takes less than an hour. Initial tuning takes about an hour at your favorite lake. The Adjust-A-Thrust constantly shifts back and forth, changing the size of the pumps exit nozzle automatically. For maximum low end, the center shuttle is retracted, opening up the nozzle and allowing a large volume of water to be moved to accelerate the craft. As craft speed and pump pressure build, the tapered center shuttle is forced out into the exit nozzle, reducing its size and increasing water velocity, which increases top speed. Letting off the gas lets the shuttle backshift into low gear. The Adjust-A-Thrust is race legal in all classes except stock class. The Adjust-A-Thrust has been shown to affect top speed by as much as 3 mph. Typical gains are .8 to 1.5 more top end. The Adjust-A-Thrust bolts to your stock jet pump and constantly shifts back and forth according to craft speed and throttle position.

It "CAN" improve speed if ya are down on rpm's but 3 mph I have to dissagree. I have this and adjust for 8500 rpm's. IF my ski is down 100-150 rpm's I can get that back with cones to gain rpm's & boost but only about .5-1.5 mph... I now have the rings for my nozzle & run the AAt so my adjustability is about 400 rpm's.... I can set the prop & make what ever rpm's in any water's I want... I was up too high on rpm's before and installed the longest shuttle lost midrange but gained top speed. I like to run a 81mm nozzle & middle shuttle of 7 for best results... Varies on mods I think though... A 8100 rpm ski would see decent results from this AAT. I've out ran a guy with this kit and he changed shuttles & beat me so it does work.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeplessnMS View Post
    It "CAN" improve speed if ya are down on rpm's but 3 mph I have to dissagree.
    I have always claimed that the AAT is good for .5 to 1.5 more top end. Many of our customers that were underpropped before the AAT gained 2 to 3 on top.

On the 4tec pumps, if you are running a stock or stage one setup, then there is a 90% chance you will gain something by installing the AAT. Once you get to stage 2 and beyond, your chances of gaining are about 50%, it all depends on your pump setup and pony power. I tell all of my prospective 4tec customers this. If you check our website on the seadoo page, we don't recommend the AAT for highly modified 4tec platforms.

+1
    Bruce, talk to Chris over at hydrotoys. He is having good luck with the first style AAT that I never sent back to you, on a stage 2.... you might need 2 different bodies for the different power setups on the RXP.

I got .7 on my RXP with a Stage 1 installed. as stated, it is a useful tool to get the rpms where you want them.

Legend in my own mind Sirhc7897's Avatar
    I have been experimenting with Bruce's original AAT unit on my last couple outings...I have observed some interesting data:

I'm running a Vanilla Stage II RXP with a couple extras (skegs, high flow hood, lots and lots of rideplate work, motor mount, etc...) that regularly runs in the 77 mph range in summer and has been living in the 78+mph range in these cooler months...A lot of this comparison for mph is going to be purely academic as it's almost impossible to measure speeds consistently in the tenths of mph but here goes...

From a pure speed standpoint I have seen a .3mph gain at the smallest shuttle and a .6mph gain with the biggest shuttle (give or take) in back to back testing against the stock cone...

Compared to my buddy Stage II RXP (75ish mph) he regularly pulled me out of the hole (1-2 lengths), hold it through the midrange and i would then pass him up top...He weighs 70-100lbs less than me). Adding the long AAT shuttle makes him pull me worse (by a few lengths) but I go past him that much faster on top but he also has mid range pull on me now as well...Going with the smallest shuttle I come out of the hole even with him (if not slightly ahead), pull him slightly in the midrange and then proceed to pull away up top...It's not as fast as with the biggest shuttle but it is faster than with the stock cone...

No matter what i do I always see 8100 rpms (no shuttle, stock conce, big cone, etc...) I suspect my MFD tach is off as I nail 8100 and then sit there on anything but the biggest shuttle and even with it i still climb pretty strong to 8100 and then sit...I never have seen 8150 on this ski no matter the prop or level of mods...It is strange and something I am looking to resolve so it's possible there is a little more speed residing in the shuttles (and potentially stock cone for that matter) that I am not seeing due to the limiter?

So in my application the AAT is proving to be good for a few lengths at takeoff, a little midrange and a little top end (very similar results to what I saw on my triple pipe Polaris SLX making roughly 200hp...)

Now here's the caveat...this unit is different than what you get from Bruce now...I have the older model with black shuttles that are not of reducing diameters...matter of fact Bruce sent me some new longer shuttles to test and their diameter was too big to even nest in the cone (something he and I need to discuss)...

Thread Information