2000 GP1200R Midshaft / Pto Replacement Parts

Can someone please help me locate the parts I need? I have a midshaft / bearing labeled with part numbers

67x / 67x-r9001-11 / 806469

Are these part numbers interchangeable with any other? Should I buy the whole assembly or just the shaft? I have been looking on microfiches for that year and no part numbers match, is this the wrong set up to begin with? ~~ Aaron ~~

Jefferson City MO (Ride at Lake of the Ozarks)
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by XSnoProX View Post
    Can someone please help me locate the parts I need? I have a midshaft / bearing labeled with part numbers

67x / 67x-r9001-11 / 806469

Are these part numbers interchangeable with any other? Should I buy the whole assembly or just the shaft? I have been looking on microfiches for that year and no part numbers match, is this the wrong set up to begin with? ~~ Aaron ~~
    I may be wrong, but I think you have to buy the shaft separate from the midshaft housing/bearing asseembly, if new. And you can buy the housing separate from the bearing (the guts) too. I have two good condition used shafts from 2001 GP1200Rs if you go the 'buy and assemble' route (and if they interchange), and you are not necessarily looking for brand new. I can also give you the bearing number from inside the midshaft assembly since I've rebuilt mine this year. With a press, its pretty easy to assemble.

I bought a used midshaft housing here, and when it came it had the rubber seal on the back sliced off, may work for some folks but not me. I ended up buying new housing and putting bearings and my old shaft in myself.

All I am realy after is the shaft, does it press right out of the bearings / housing without dissasembling that whole unit? If the shaft you have will work I will gladly buy it from you. Is it possible I am looking for the wrong part number, is there one on the shaft itself that i should be looking for to help you match it up? I appreciate the help

Jefferson City MO (Ride at Lake of the Ozarks)
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by XSnoProX View Post
    All I am realy after is the shaft, does it press right out of the bearings / housing without dissasembling that whole unit? If the shaft you have will work I will gladly buy it from you. Is it possible I am looking for the wrong part number, is there one on the shaft itself that i should be looking for to help you match it up? I appreciate the help
    Yes it presses right out w/o taking the bearings and seals out. But - if its old, its a good time to replace all that while you got it out anyway.

PM me your email and I can send you some pics later today (tonight actually), at work now dont have pics. Also make sure they interchange between 2000 and 2001, mines the latter.

+1
    Sorry to high jack, no need for a new thread for just a quick single question.....

On the 2k gpr - Seems like I can wobble the pump shaft after removing the pto housing, not alot, but does this seem right ?
    My mid shaft bearing seems a little dry/rough so I want to replace it. Shafts simply press out with nothing else needed ?
    I've got a 99 gp1200 65u and it appears to be the same part # maybe I can press out the shaft on gp and press in the 2k - gpR shaft ? Or am I missing something ?

+1
    I have an 01 xlt and had a midshaft pressed into a new bearing and there is no wobble that I can tell. Make sure everything is properly greased before putting back together. If you put that thing back together, take the jet ski out for a ride, and the midshaft bearing fails during the ride, be prepared to get to shore quickly because water will be coming into the boat. Don't ask me how I know. good luck michael

+1
    No wobble in the mid shaft bearing or housing, just in the pump shaft as it runs through the wall. Not a lot, but a little wobble, wasnt sure if this is normal. Spins smoothly as well....
    From what I have gathered, I could take my gp1200 65u housing and have the shafts pressed out and have the 2k gp1200r shafts pressed back in. Unless I am mistaken, these do appear to be the same part number?

Thread Information