Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

solid rockerarms

does anybody use solid rockerarms??? i know rotax racing makes them and the are also for sale in the USA but i was wondering if anybodyy use them and if so it there a big gain. euroexportinc.com claims 1000rpm gain and 12-15 hp gain.

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=2438

RXP 260 X Short Course Veteran RXP244's Avatar
    +1
    Wow!! I love the look of those billet solid rocker arms. Come on guys, there must be someone using these that can provide some feedback. I would think these are something any high revving 4tec could benefit from. I always wondered if anyone was doing a conversion from hydraulic to solid lifters for these engines. My must have list just got longer God damit!!

+1
    I find it hard to believe they would provide any gain in power, let alone 15hp.... When you factor in the lash, you are essentially reducing lift and duration of the cam...

+1
    They lose all credibility trying to claim +1,000rpm!!! I thought that was a typo

RXP 260 X Short Course Veteran RXP244's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    I find it hard to believe they would provide any gain in power, let alone 15hp.... When you factor in the lash, you are essentially reducing lift and duration of the cam...

No, neither do I. But solid lifters have to be good for long WOT runs at high RPM don't they? Hydraulic lifters have always tended to pump up or bleed out at prolonged high RPM, haven't they?

Or is that an old urban myth.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post

actually in the car word we gained big power running solid lifters in our evo's. It really helps in high rpm where oil pressure isn't enough to keep the lifters pumped up.

+1
    I realise there is gains to be made in running solids, but some guys are turning the stock setup to 9.5k, surely lifter pump up isn't that much of an issue. Without at least a cam swap over, I can't see there being any performance gain.

+1
    There is a performance gain ( more power at higher Rpm) but in what application and what cost. I will tell you it will not be a set it and forget it and it will be another variable to add in our top end assembly. i dont think we will have to take the valve cover off every weekend but theres always checking of valve lash, loose lock nuts,etc.Hydraulics require 0 maintainance as solids quite the opposite.

+1
    It looks like they use your stock S-D rocker arms and convert them to solid lifters for $400; they are not a new casting or billet.

I think they are saying the solid lifter setup gives you another 1000 rpm of valvetrain stability over the hydraulics, which does not sound unlikely to me. I thought I had read somewhere else that the CRT crew used these in their raceboats possibly, but I can't verify that.

I am pretty sure these would definitely help a bit on high rpm race motors, but agree with Shrabber and Monaroman that it is another maintenance item to measure and set lash on a somewhat regular basis, and I would just not bother on 'daily driver' rec rider machine.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    It looks like they use your stock S-D rocker arms and convert them to solid lifters for $400; they are not a new casting or billet.

I think they are saying the solid lifter setup gives you another 1000 rpm of valvetrain stability over the hydraulics, which does not sound unlikely to me. I thought I had read somewhere else that the CRT crew used these in their raceboats possibly, but I can't verify that.

I am pretty sure these would definitely help a bit on high rpm race motors, but agree with Shrabber and Monaroman that it is another maintenance item to measure and set lash on a somewhat regular basis, and I would just not bother on 'daily driver' rec rider machine.
    Yeah it's an extra $150 if you don't send your old rockers to them (has a selection bar at the bottom). Sounds good but def a lot more maintenance and raises questions over cam suitability?
    Would be keen to see some results.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information