Soon-to-be FIRST TIME BUYER

There seems to be some real expertise here so I am looking for some input!! I live on the Gulf Coast of FL and I'm a boat owner and soon to be PWC owner. I'm in the market for (2) new PWC which will be stored outside on a lift behind my residence and used for a week once per month. Primary use will be in Gulf waters and Sarasota bay. The more I read the more confused I have become with respect to Yamaha vs. Seadoo, though I'm leaning Yamaha. Cost is secondary. Looking for something that perfoms well in rough water and is a great cruiser also.
    Thanks!

+1
    I'm no expert, but it sounds to me like the FX HO, FX HO Cruiser, FX SHO or FX SHO Cruiser would fit your needs well from Yamaha's line. They changed the hull in 2012 by adding a full keel deep V and adding 7"s in length to give improved rough water handling. The HO is not supercharged and will get better mileage. Choose a SHO model if you want more power. Choose a Cruiser model if you want more features/luxury.

Somebody else will have to comment on Seadoo.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Nothing against Seadoo,but Yamaha has a reputation for being more reliable, better warranty and a good riding craft. I was never a fan of the carbon drive ring design, no bilge pump and intercooler design/flaws of the Seadoo and probably why eventually going Yamaha. Sensors seem to fail more frequently on them also.

+1
    FX HO or FX SHO are great choices... just get a Yamaha, you won't regret it.
    By the way, you can also get a full 5 year OEM warranty on those; last time I checked you couldn't get that for a Sea-Doo here in Florida.

i got a 2008 yamaha fx ho cruiser and i love it.. my uncle has a 2007 yamaha fx ho not a cruiser but he had his first and then i bought mine and we both love them.. the cruiser seat really makes a big difference in comfort/cushion and the new yamaha fx cruiser look like a stealth fighter... YAMAHA all way!

Much thanks for these replies ! Any thoughts on the Seadoo GTX Limited is260 with suspension ??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gq12959 View Post
    Much thanks for these replies ! Any thoughts on the Seadoo GTX Limited is260 with suspension ??
    It gets rave reviews for the suspension and is loaded with features. My concerns were the weight (980 vs 850 of the FX SHO), added height due to the suspension system and less storage space (16.4 vs approx 35 gal. on the FX SHO). Also, Yamaha's reliability is hard to beat.

Try the Seadoo board, I'm sure someone over there could give you the details on the GTX.

+1
    Look into a Kawasaki ultra 300x. It has great acceleration. Yamaha FZR or the FX SHO are also very good skis. Lots of power and comfort.Sea doo has the most features, but be ready to work on it. I don't know about the Yamaha though.Kawasaki is the best for performance, a Yamaha is the most reliable, and the Seadoo has the most extra stuff. Find out what you want out of the ski and work from there.
    Last edited by DH300; 05-07-2013 at 08:43 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gq12959 View Post
    You should also post this in the seadoo section, your going to get biased replys in the Yamaha section as you will in the seadoo

Seadoo FTW. I've been around them alot in my life and nothing beats the looks,performance and overall reliability of them. They are good machines!

Thread Information