+1

Marc's modified 2011 Yamaha VXR

Hey all,

This was my first time modifying a ski. I admit, I was a little worried whether or not I had the know-how or skill to install these mods myself, but I was surprised at how simple it was--and how much fun I had doing it! Not only that, but I feel like I have a new-found knowledge of how my WaveRunner works. Here's a list of the modifications I made:

• RIVA power filter kit with engine breather upgrade
    • RIVA rear exhaust kit
    • RIVA performance water box
    • RIVA intake manifold upgrade (ribbon delete)
    • RIVA steering upgrade kit with RIVA handlebars, grips, and billet throttle trigger
    • RIVA intake grate with pump seal kit
    • RIVA/Solas Dynafly impeller
    • Farthing Racing ride plate with billet ride plate inserts (purchased from 4-tecperformance.com)
    • Farthing Racing sponsons
    • RIVA billet drive shaft sleeve
    • RIVA billet mirror block-offs

The hole shot and handling feel much improved, but it seems some of the modifications may have scrubbed off top-end speed. I don't know how accurate the stock speedo is, but it's topping out at 67 mph with the modifications, whereas stock it would top out at 70-71 mph. Maybe the heavier, larger Farthing ride plate and sponsons are to blame? Maybe I just need to make some adjustments to them? I haven't shimmed the ride plate, and the sponsons are set halfway down and halfway forward. I don't have much experience with tuning, so maybe someone with more experience could give me some advice? Would shimming the front of the ride plate and raising the sponson blades help? How much of an effect would this have on the handling? Any advice is appreciated!

Special thanks to Jerry and Josh from GreenHulk for all the advice, and to RIVA racing--especially Bubba for providing great customer service!

Below is a video showing the above modifications, and below that is a video I shot with my GoPro of me testing out the modifications--and, yes, I know I make some pretty hilarious faces when I ride!

-Marc

+1
    I would;dnt touch a thing until you get an actual GPS speed reading... then go from there.

I really want that riva steering set up. How do you like it compared to stock? Any benefits besides looking badass? I like the idea of running wider bars...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by STUNNA View Post
    I really want that riva steering set up. How do you like it compared to stock? Any benefits besides looking badass? I like the idea of running wider bars...
    This steering system sits lower to the ski and really allows you to bear down into your turns, giving you a lower center of gravity. It's also fully adjustable. Way better than the stock steering system!

+1
    Hi Mark, where your goggels & helmet ? You can get the Etrex GPS starting @$100. great for speed runs. Good Luck

Thread Information