good combination/few questions

so I closed the deal i mentioned last week on GH and took a shot for my Sea doo brothers..

new ski, behind new car.. My prerequisuite to getting a car is it must have more bhp than the jetski and this one does x2! (my old one didnt...)
    jsut wanted to say the RXP-X is such a monster and It really shows why sea doo are still the top of the game.
    I also prefer the looks of the old ones to the new "transformers" look
    (am i on my own here?)
    but I have a couple of questions
    1. the guy i bought it from says a ecu remap means it now has 275hp.. but I havent ridden a stocker so dont know..
    2. when i nail the throttle the dash goes straight to 113kmh but I feel it has more to give... I assume the ecu reflash would remove governor??
    3. I know much more about the 215hp engine then this one...... As far as entry level bolt on mods what is still worth getting as I know the 255 has an upgraded intercooler intake etc,,, which of the basic bolt on mods are still worth getting/most effective.
    thanks
    as alwats GH rules!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20130504-00069.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	108.9 KB 
ID:	300281  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by applepower View Post
    so I closed the deal i mentioned last week on GH and took a shot for my Sea doo brothers..

new ski, behind new car.. My prerequisuite to getting a car is it must have more bhp than the jetski and this one does x2! (my old one didnt...)
    jsut wanted to say the RXP-X is such a monster and It really shows why sea doo are still the top of the game.
    (am i on my own here?)
    1. the guy i bought it from says a ecu remap means it now has 275hp.. but I havent ridden a stocker so dont know..
    2. when i nail the throttle the dash goes straight to 113kmh but I feel it has more to give... I assume the ecu reflash would remove governor??
    3. I know much more about the 215hp engine then this one...... As far as entry level bolt on mods what is still worth getting as I know the 255 has an upgraded intercooler intake etc,,, which of the basic bolt on mods are still worth getting/most effective.
    thanks
    as alwats GH rules!
    Nice rides. My Jetski probably has more bhp than all my cars combined lol.

1. Where is the RPM limiter set at? Did the previous owner give you any indication as to who did the reflash? There are a few different remaps than can be done.
    2. The speedo will only read to 113km/h, don't trust it, they are not accurate. Get yourself a gps if you really want to know how fast you are going.
    3. The 215's and 255's are indentical internally, the 255 just has external cooler, bigger s/c, bigger injectors. Good starting mods are always 4" air intake, intake grate (stock one is very aggressive), 15/22r prop, fill ride plate holes. There is plenty more you can do, just depends how far you want to go. Might have to spend quite a bit before she makes more power than the car though mate lol.

+1
    Don't mean to hijack the thread but quick question,

What do you mean by "intake grate (stock one is very aggressive)"?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by applepower View Post

(am i on my own here?)
    thanks
    as alwats GH rules!
    Nice rides. My Jetski probably has more bhp than all my cars combined lol.

1. Where is the RPM limiter set at? Did the previous owner give you any indication as to who did the reflash? There are a few different remaps than can be done.
    2. The speedo will only read to 113km/h, don't trust it, they are not accurate. Get yourself a gps if you really want to know how fast you are going.
    3. The 215's and 255's are indentical internally, the 255 just has external cooler, bigger s/c, bigger injectors. Good starting mods are always 4" air intake, intake grate (stock one is very aggressive), 15/22r prop, fill ride plate holes. There is plenty more you can do, just depends how far you want to go. Might have to spend quite a bit before she makes more power than the car though mate lol.
    thanks for the info mate. Interested in why you say go for a 15/22r prop though.. is that good comprimise I seen some skis that are focused more on holsehot not topspeed and vice vers. And is the stock intake grate too aggressive? isnt that word good in regard to fast jetskis haha
    and yeh haha I think I will sell the sea - doo and buy a go fast cigarette with big block blown V8's haha
    cheers for your help

+1
    By "aggressive" I mean they have large fins which protrude into the water, this is great for holeshot and hookup, but creates a lot of drag which means fuel economy and top speed suffer. If you look at one side by side with an R&D grate for instance, you will understand what I am talking about. The 15/22 is about the right pitch prop required when upgrading the air intake. Because you will be making more power, your engine will want to turn more rpms, if you stick with the stock prop, you will likely be on the rev limiter.

Thread Information