Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

sl780/slx780 builds

hey guys new here but not new to jet skis. been working on them for 4 years now and opening up a repair sevice shop local at my house. i got a few polaris 2 slt750/sl750/sl780/slx780/3 sl650. getting ready to start rebuild on the two 780s. the slx780 has had a new top end rebuild last season by me but now wanting to pull everything out and paint and rebuild the whole ski. new fuel lines. no oil pump. few other small things to fix it up nice. the sl780 needs top end rebuild. taking the oil pump out. and paint.

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk!!

+1
    man if this rain dont ever stop i'll never get my shop and therefore never get stated on these rebuilds.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome

May I suggest you get comfortable with the Polaris oil injection system. Reliable system when properly maintained, cuts oil consumption roughly in half, no possibility of someone forgetting to pre-mix the fuel or doing it wrong.

Make sure the oil hoses are in good shape (or new) and properly clamped, and the oil filter is fresh. When rebuilding the carbs also clean the oil feed fittings. Generally little trouble from the oil pump itself.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Welcome

May I suggest you get comfortable with the Polaris oil injection system. Reliable system when properly maintained, cuts oil consumption roughly in half, no possibility of someone forgetting to pre-mix the fuel or doing it wrong.

Make sure the oil hoses are in good shape (or new) and properly clamped, and the oil filter is fresh. When rebuilding the carbs also clean the oil feed fittings. Generally little trouble from the oil pump itself.

im still debating on weither to keep the oil injection or not. kindof want to but been mixing in my other skis and boats for years. just used to doing it.

+1
    i do have one question. in all the polaris i have is the bottom ends the same? electrionics?

slt750
    sl750
    sl780
    slx780
    sl650

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by derekshep View Post
    May I suggest you get comfortable with the Polaris oil injection system. Reliable system when properly maintained, cuts oil consumption roughly in half, no possibility of someone forgetting to pre-mix the fuel or doing it wrong...
    im still debating on weither to keep the oil injection or not. kindof want to but been mixing in my other skis and boats for years. just used to doing it.
    Reduced oil consumption can help cut the overall cost of ownership. See this thread

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post2137161

+1
    i do have one question. in all the polaris i have is the bottom ends the same? electrionics?

slt750
    sl750
    sl780
    slx780
    sl650
    Crank, yes. Cases no and dependent on year, but interchangeable when you understand the differences. Early cases have different cooling routing, 780s have different porting, etc.

Electronics all have differences, but are interchangeable once you understand the differences, with the exception of the 650s and 92/93 750s. They are not Digital. All the rest are.

Sooo...how much for the 780? stimpsonjcat's Avatar
    +1

slt750
    sl750
    sl780
    slx780
    sl650
    The 780 blocks and jugs and such are the same, but the CDI for SLTs has different timing than shorter versions. The spec also lists subtler differences on things like piston clearance.

+1
    May I suggest you get comfortable with the Polaris oil injection system. Reliable system when properly maintained, cuts oil consumption roughly in half, no possibility of someone forgetting to pre-mix the fuel or doing it wrong...
    Reduced oil consumption can help cut the overall cost of ownership. See this thread

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post2137161

OK! you win. keeping the oil injection.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information