2003 polaris msx 140 ho injected ( HELP )

ran good 2012, started 2013 and will only idle. will not rev up when you give it the gas just runs but no rev up. drained old gas,put in fresh shell premium ( 3 ) gallons.stabil and some ( HEET ) red bottle water and injector cleaner. ran until empty. checked comp. 120 psi all 3 holes. all 3 holes have spark. 12.5 volts at battery. used 2 sets plugs changing and cleaning 20/30 times. ran until empty. added 1 gallon premium no addittives still runs the same.
    Last edited by totalylitt; 05-05-2013 at 11:23 AM. Reason: need to say Jet Ski

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by totalylitt View Post
    ran good 2012, started 2013 and will only idle. will not rev up when you give it the gas just runs but no rev up.

drained old gas,put in fresh shell premium ( 3 ) gallons.stabil and some ( HEET ) red bottle water and injector cleaner. ran until empty.

checked comp. 120 psi all 3 holes. all 3 holes have spark. 12.5 volts at battery. used 2 sets plugs changing and cleaning 20/30 times. ran until empty. added 1 gallon premium no additives still runs the same.
    Welcome

Was the machine sitting on the trailer during all this extended engine idling, or floating in water?

Why would you idle it for so long when it wasn't responding to the throttle?

My guess is that the TPS needs replacing or the EMM needs repair. Change the TPS first, see what happens.

See my signature links for plenty of useful info regarding your Ficht fuel injected machine.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    ran good 2012, started 2013 and will only idle. will not rev up when you give it the gas just runs but no rev up.

drained old gas,put in fresh shell premium ( 3 ) gallons.stabil and some ( HEET ) red bottle water and injector cleaner. ran until empty.

checked comp. 120 psi all 3 holes. all 3 holes have spark. 12.5 volts at battery. used 2 sets plugs changing and cleaning 20/30 times. ran until empty. added 1 gallon premium no additives still runs the same.
    Welcome

Was the machine sitting on the trailer during all this extended engine idling, or floating in water?

My guess is that the TPS needs replacing or the EMM needs repair. Change the TPS first, see what happens.

See my signature links for plenty of useful info regarding your Ficht fuel injected machine.
    Thanks: Was on trailer , had water hose hooked up. hoping it was bad gas and gas and cleaner would clean injector

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post

... Was the machine sitting on the trailer during all this extended engine idling, or floating in water?

My guess is that the TPS needs replacing or the EMM needs repair. Change the TPS first, see what happens...
    Thanks: Was on trailer , had water hose hooked up. hoping it was bad gas and gas and cleaner would clean injector
    Well, proceed with the TPS and EMM diagnostics.

However, you should also plan on rebuilding the through-hull bearing carrier and replacing the jet pump seals. Both units have water seals with thin rubber lips that can overheat and melt during extended out-of-the-water run time. The rule of thumb is 2 minutes maximum run time on the trailer.

Once those seals are damaged, water can get inside and rust the steel bearings. Rust in the bearings is a bad thing.

When the hull is floating the water flow through the jet pump provides cooling for these seals. On land, even with a garden hose for the engine cooling, the driveline seals are not being cooled.

An additional worry is that the EMM was not properly cooled, even with the reverse flush hose attachment. Again, this is normally not a problem since run time on the hose should be kept to a minimum. When floating, the running jet pump also feeds the water cooled EMM. The reverse flush garden hose attachment does not provide the same water flow through the EMM.

Hate to hear that. Expensive lesson, Thanks for advise will get better

Banned User
    +1
    Was the engine fogged? Reason I ask is that just tonight I was talking to a very knowledgable source and he mentioned that the NGK plugs used in the DIs don't like fogging oil too much. Try a new set of plugs as well, see if it helps or changes anything.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    Was the engine fogged? Reason I ask is that just tonight I was talking to a very knowledgable source and he mentioned that the NGK plugs used in the DIs don't like fogging oil too much. Try a new set of plugs as well, see if it helps or changes anything.
    The Ficht engines really do like fresh spark plugs. NGK PZFR6H only, of course.

Thread Information