Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1

    DEKA Batteries = AMAZING!

    I went to "de-winterize" the Seadoos this weekend and was absolutely amazed at how well the DEKA AGMs I installed last summer handled the winter. I figured I would throw the batteries on tenders on Friday so they would be ready for Sunday. To my amazement, neither battery even showed the solid "red" charge light. Both immediately went to the "flashing green" status.

    I guess this is another case of "getting what I paid for"!

    ac


  2. #2
    leejax01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jacksonville
    Posts
    1,161
    +1
    98
    Several of the brands are made by the same manufacturer, and some only differ by label and box. I also use the Deka and the AGM brand from Autozone. I use my point rewards to get money off when I need a battery.

  3. #3
    icdoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    381
    +1
    23
    Always wanted to try the "good" batteries, but I keep finding good deals on conventional lead/acid ones. Local hardware store has 1/2 price on them right now and probably gonna go pick up 4 or 5 tomorrow for $50 for 30's and $45 for 16's. Hate replacing each year though but hard to pass that up

  4. #4
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee WI
    Posts
    16,708
    +1
    1,324
    You could spend 100 bucks on one battery and not have to replace it.......

  5. +1 by:


  6. #5
    Boost-A-Holic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Dallas, Texas, United States
    Posts
    1,173
    +1
    94
    I got a Deka in my ski and a Deka on deck.....haha get it??

  7. #6
    icdoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    381
    +1
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    You could spend 100 bucks on one battery and not have to replace it.......

    not when you have 5 skis to put batteries in..

  8. #7
    imp0ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    5,038
    +1
    672
    Quote Originally Posted by icdoo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    You could spend 100 bucks on one battery and not have to replace it.......

    not when you have 5 skis to put batteries in..
    Put a good battery in one and tow the rest of the skis behind it

  9. #8
    3PedalMINI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    South Jersey (glassboro)
    Posts
    166
    +1
    11
    Are you supposed to replace the battery each year?

  10. #9

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rock Hill, SC
    Posts
    101
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by avc8130 View Post
    I went to "de-winterize" the Seadoos this weekend and was absolutely amazed at how well the DEKA AGMs I installed last summer handled the winter. I figured I would throw the batteries on tenders on Friday so they would be ready for Sunday. To my amazement, neither battery even showed the solid "red" charge light. Both immediately went to the "flashing green" status.

    I guess this is another case of "getting what I paid for"!

    ac
    Did you leave the battery cables connected over the wither or did you unhook the battery cables over the winter?

  11. #10
    formerly Gold06RXP Turbo Nick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    2,095
    +1
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by 3PedalMINI View Post
    Are you supposed to replace the battery each year?
    You replace the battery when it dosent hold a charger anymore.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-30-2013, 09:33 AM
  2. Anyone used DEKA batteries?
    By TheEngineer in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-17-2011, 12:51 PM
  3. Deka AGM batterys on Ebay great deal
    By tburn in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 08:14 PM
  4. Spacers for Deka 4-Tec Battery Replacement
    By thompsdw in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-18-2008, 09:49 PM
  5. DEKA battery initial charge
    By megawatt in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-01-2008, 06:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •