Polaris genesis mfi questions

hey guys, got a question about a mfi on a 2000 genesis. i have read thru some great threads and links, but still have a question. the mfi never goes to sleep. i have read thru k447 links and info about how to tell if its asleep and have determined that it never goes to sleep mode. the oil level light volt meter, hours, and etc, stays on constantly. this causes my battery to go down, resulting in a no spark issue, until i charge back up. any idea what would cause this? is there a fix other than a new one? is this common? any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    All those indicators being visible is not a sign that the MFI is staying awake.

The check is to wait for it to go to sleep, THEN see if it wakes up, or is still awake.

Let it sit untouched for more than five minutes. Then press the Display button ONCE. Does the speedo needle go full sweep? If yes, then the MFI was sleeping.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    ... this causes my battery to go down ...
    My guess is that the LR module is failing and creating a battery drain.

ok, plugged unit back in and i am going to wait 10 minutes to see if unit goes to sleep. i will let u know the results shortly

ok after 10 + minutes speedo does not sweep after pressing the display button. also when i plugged the speedo back in, the low oil light was blinking, cut it off by pressing set button, when i went back out to check it, oil light was back on blinking as well as all other indicators. thoughts??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    ok after 10 + minutes speedo does not sweep after pressing the display button. also when i plugged the speedo back in, the low oil light was blinking, cut it off by pressing set button, when i went back out to check it, oil light was back on blinking as well as all other indicators. thoughts??
    During those ten minutes, nothing was touched on the ski?

Fuel injected engine, or carburetor?

If carb engine, it could be the LR module keeping the MFI awake. If carb, you can bypass the LR module for testing.

yes nothing was touched during the test and it is a carb model. after running multiple tests, i decided to fill the oil tank to cut off the warning light. (got tired of seeing it blink) anyway, after doing this, i decided to test it again for kicks. and low and behold, it went to sleep and as it should. i do not know if this is normal, but it seemed to fix the problem. iam going to check my voltage in the morning. if it has dropped, i will bypass the LR module and check. do you have a quick link on how to bypass the module? ill be in touch, thanks for the advice.

Thread Information