please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok so i got a 2000 yamaha 1200 for christmas (thanks dad) so ive been doing a massive redoing of everything to wave eater clips to having the carbs rebuilt and yes i even sprung for the hotrod crank but with doing all of this a very simple thing has stopped me dead in my tracks with the season quickly approaching i went to replace the ride plate with i think its riva racing one but that really doesnt matter so im unbolting the old on and snap!!! broke one of the bolts off so after trying many things vice grips and heat those reverse things you can get a home depot nothings worked so im looking inside and the rest of the bolt is covered in what im assuming is glue its brown but anyways someone help i need to get that bolt off like today any suggestions? or does it even matter maybe i could get some marine adhesive and use that and the other 3 bolts and that would be fine? please help

+1
    You HAVE to have all 4 bolts. It would be dangerous to try to get away with 3.
    Here's what you can do. Get inside the hull and heat up that brown glue with a heat gun. Then start chiseling it off with screwdriver, chisel, and a hammer. Whatever works for you. Its a PITA but you'll eventually get that brown glue and the ride plate insert off.
    From there you can replace the insert and glue it on with 3M 5200 fast cure Marine sealant.
    I think there is even a ride plate insert upgrade you can do. I think you can use the newer style inserts in your older hull. You'll have to do a little research on that

+1

i would love to stick a heat gun down in their and just get the stuff out but i have some cords in the way and i dont want them to get damaged

also this ride plate insert can i reuse it or do i have to order one? and one more thing while trying to get the glue off is there any chance of me poking thru the hull? is it best for me to attempt this orrrr do i need to let my mechanic do it while he does everything else for it?

+1
    Well get the cords out of the way and stick the heat gun down there. You can reuse the inserts if they aren't damaged.

hey man thanks i got it out and it wasnt that bad

Thread Information